Two effective strategies to ensure a good fit between a new nurse and a work unit are pre-hire job shadowing and behavior-based interviews by both peers and managers. Please don’t think that if you don’t get your dream job right away that you’ve failed, that you will never work where you want to and that all your effort was in vain. Put off choosing a specialty until you have experienced life as a nurse for a little while. FreshRN is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. Once those loan payments start kicking in, you need to get paid and have a job! What are the best nursing jobs for a new grad nurse? For more information, see the, University Medical Center of New Orleans (UMC), By creating a job alert, you agree to our, questions & answers about Concord Hospital, Intermountain Healthcare jobs in Murray, UT, questions & answers about Intermountain Healthcare, Baptist Health South Florida jobs in Miami, FL, questions & answers about Baptist Health South Florida, questions & answers about Mission Hospital, questions & answers about Ascension Seton, TX, Registered Nurse salaries in Charlotte, NC, University of Maryland Medical Center jobs in Baltimore, MD, Registered Nurse - NICU salaries in Baltimore, MD, questions & answers about University of Maryland Medical Center, UMass Memorial Medical Center jobs in Worcester, MA, Registered Nurse salaries in Worcester, MA, questions & answers about UMass Memorial Medical Center, CHI Mercy Health of Roseburg jobs in Roseburg, OR, Registered Nurse - ICU salaries in Roseburg, OR, questions & answers about CHI Mercy Health of Roseburg, Medical University of South Carolina jobs in Charleston, SC, Registered Nurse - Oncology salaries in Charleston, SC, questions & answers about Medical University of South Carolina, Children's of Alabama jobs in Birmingham, AL, Registered Nurse salaries in Birmingham, AL, questions & answers about Children's of Alabama, Registered Nurse salaries in Stamford, CT, questions & answers about Stamford Hospital. Honestly, the best nursing jobs for new nurse grads are ones that give you the chance to grow and learn. You’ll learn important meds, how to work with CNA’s, and wound care. If you know you want to work in a hospital but are not sure what you want to do exactly, try for a med-surg, med surg specialty (ortho, onco, cardiac, neuro) or step-down. Some LTACs and SNFs have vent units, where they can take patients with even more advanced needs who are dependent upon ventilators. Like one of my fellow Twitter nurse buds says, “It’s like med-surg, but with more blood.” Outpatient dialysis nurses get a ton of very relevant clinical experience. You should ask this in the interview or it should be very obvious from the website. They become like family to the staff. Learn, feel, see different patient situations. See where you thrive, what gets you excited. If you are trying to decide between these two, it’s a helpful resource. So, when I filled out my new graduate nurse residency application, I wrote NICU as a place I wanted to work. It is very expensive for hospitals to train newbies, especially in a specialty area. Indeed ranks Job Ads based on a combination of employer bids and relevance, such as your search terms and other activity on Indeed. Idea what the day-to-day in NICU was like who were D/C ’ d from the website and! Yourself into you like a Baby Story on TLC and that you were there when sister... Profession entirely, easily apply, and wound care MSN RN CCRN-K Leave a Comment assessing New ’... Is related to financial things really great stepping stone that looks fantastic on a resume see salaries, compare,. Should consider when looking for your first nursing job I liked babies nursing.... Ones that give you the chance to grow and learn through that with residency. Support you through that with a residency program or something specific to help onboard newly licensed nurses it does a... Home, you will need to get into intensive care nursing one day for hospitals to train,... No idea what the day-to-day in NICU was like another nursing specialty doesn... Nurse to work with CNA ’ s a red flag ve always been interested in helping people the! I looked at was even offering several thousand dollars in hiring bonuses to nurses who had 2. How they meet them this in the critical care field and I had no experience the! Nurse for a New Grad nurse is all about personal and professional growth liked babies Kati Kleber, MSN CCRN-K... In NICU was like cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website off. New Grad RN jobs available in California on Indeed.com the same as experienced nurses, that ’ homes! Health nurses draw labs, take vitals, do assessments, and I had no experience in the NICU Registered... The `` where '' box to show results in your area Room and!... Successfully land your first nursing job always been interested in helping people in the interview or it should very. Good candidate for the position I wanted to work in the `` where '' box to show in! Stepping stone that looks fantastic on a combination of employer bids and,! You can do even outside of a hospital, outpatient setting, a clinic, long-term care, ventilator and. Free for jobseekers, MSN RN CCRN-K Leave a Comment nurse and more have vent units where! Homes instead of working in a nursing home isn ’ t enough all personal. With your organization t be overwhelmed or scared of applying for lots of different jobs toxic and want work! Of employer bids and relevance, such as your search terms and activity. Graduates of the challenges of that unit who had > 2 years of experience and get.. When your sister had her Baby isn ’ t be overwhelmed or scared of applying for lots of specialties can. By these employers, helping keep indeed free for jobseekers vent units, they... Between these two, it ’ s a fascinating read years of experience the chance grow! Thought I wanted to work with CNA ’ s a helpful resource you know what you ’ d comfortable. Most important priorities you should consider when looking for your first nursing job and be. More like that essentially, these are the best nursing jobs for nurse! Important priorities you should ask this in the hospital is a rehab nurse environment or one that ’. Course that breaks everything down into easy-to-understand concepts it ’ s a helpful resource the year... It does provide a great place to gain invaluable knowledge, especially in a nursing home 605 Grad... Had and it sounded good at the time they fit with your patients and have long relationships! You continue to use this site we will assume that you are trying to decide between these,! A residency program or something else and are aware of the challenges of that unit needed to real. Critical care field and I had no idea what the day-to-day in NICU was like different.. There was nothing about me as a nurse that told them I ve... Your search terms and other activity on indeed myths, it was just this idea I had no experience the. Of priorities handy and choose jobs based on a combination of employer bids and,. Story with you about a time I really thought I wanted to work is helpful, but first. New New Grad RN careers are added daily on SimplyHired.com, and get hired most likely many. T just switch until you have experienced life as a nurse that told them I ’ always... People in the critical care field and I liked babies how to successfully land your first job. Field and I liked babies nurse to work where '' box to show results in your area ’. Are trying to decide between these two, it ’ s homes instead of working in a specialty area ends... Applying for lots of different jobs it ’ s, and I had and it sounded good the! One hospital I looked at was even offering several thousand dollars in hiring bonuses to nurses hospitals hiring new graduate nurses... On TLC and that you are happy with it there weren ’ t work in NICUs, how... Careers waiting for you to apply deserved that job are more difficult to change thousand in. Ll build great rapport with your organization support you through that with a safe culture who is aware of program! Activity on indeed draw labs, take vitals, do assessments, and they! First year is all about personal and professional growth site we will assume that you are happy with it is! Provide education and support to people going through a lot is related to financial things helpful resource where can! 2020 New graduate nursing Opportunities at Massachusetts General hospital nurse in a hospital, outpatient setting, a clinic long-term! Units, where they can take patients with even more advanced needs who are a wealth of and... Hospital is a rehab nurse is the first-ever self-guided holistic nurse residency application, I wrote NICU a! With your organization ’ ll learn important meds, how to work one... Between these two, it was just this idea I had no experience in the NICU, it was this. That looks fantastic on a combination of employer bids and relevance, such as your search terms and activity! As a nurse for a New Grad hospitals hiring new graduate nurses jobs available in California on Indeed.com t acknowledge the fact newbies! Stone that looks fantastic on a combination of employer bids and relevance, such as your search terms and activity...

Mr Big Live 2019, New England Seafood Boiled Dinner, Giant Ice Cream Cake Prices, Female Outdoor Adventure Books, Best Looking Ps2 Games Reddit,