Piper: (English) Sounds musical to an extent, and in all reality, it is. You’ll be amazed at how your name choices change as the days and months pass by. Footloose; verity, truth; small winged one, Nourishing, kind; soul; young woman; learned. Meaning: land or nation.

Amelia: (Latin) An adorable name, often reminding people of the famous female, Amelia Earhart. Augusta: (Latin) This name means “grand” and “majestic” which is absolutely fitting for a newborn baby girl. This name instantly brings about images of brick roads, horse carriage rides, and historic old houses. of her roots. You May Like: 100+ STRONG BOY NAMES THAT MEAN STRENGTH. Our Timeless Southern Baby Names list includes popular Southern girl names, boy names, and gender-neutral names, so … Paisley: (Scottish) This name is actually a Scottish derivative of the Greek word, “Basilica” which means “church“. Last Updated on November 4, 2019. Precious: (English) This name is pretty much the word that most people say when they see a newborn for the first time, so beware. Origin: Middle English Meaning: pure or virginal, Whitney The Italian equivalent of Charlotte, the feminine form of Charles, meaning “full-grown manhood.”, Peaceful home; rival; laborious; eager; entire, universal. Joleen: (English)  Are you a fan of country music?

Meaning: to sparkle, Annamae Origin: Spanish Your email address will not be published. So how do you choose the best country girl name for your baby girl? The name means “pure“. Meaning: of nobility, Alison Meaning: God is satisfaction, Betty That simple truth bomb will actually give your daughter more courage and confidence than you realize. Origin: Latin There are few things as charming as southern girl names. Some choose a name because of a family meaning or tie, while others base it off of biblical reasons or meanings. Meaning: glowing white, Chantilly It is completely free and I would wholeheartedly recommend it. The good news?

This name means “pretty”, “good”, and “attractive“. If you know in your heart that your little girl is destined to be an old soul, read through this list of old-fashioned girl names now. This southern girl name means “olive tree”. Origin: English Origin: French

Origin: French Meaning: Beautiful, loving, lovable, Mackenzie You can also go for meaning. Sierra: (Spanish) This name is both a surname and a given name. ), that doesn’t mean that there aren’t some common ones on the list as well. Origin: Welsh Meaning: Merciful, Related: The Best online Birthing Class- My Honest Review, Coby Rae Origin: Italian The truth of the matter is that if your daughters Southern name stirs the pot a little bit, so be it. Some parents like their kids to have the same initials as theirs, not necessary but I find this cute. Meaning: child of light, Maribelle Meaning: Day’s eye, Dakota Bonnie: (Scottish) Some people may think of this as a slang name, but it can be used as a full first name. Tilly: (German) Meaning “battle-ready“, this name is perfect for your little fighter. Of course, you can’t hear Southern girl names without thinking of the region and all its beautiful sights and sounds. Have you read: 21 Things I wish I’d known about Birth. Savannah: (Spanish) A beautiful Southern town that is full of charm. Charlotte: (French) This is actually the female form of the male name “Charles” and it means “free man”. Hope: (English) How fitting of a name since children are what gives parents their hope for the future. document.addEventListener('scroll',function(){if(window.scrollY>344)loadFc()}). It’s grown in popularity over the years – but I’m not surprised because it’s a CUTE name. Deedee: (Latin) Super fun name to say, and easily can be shorted to just “Dee” as well. Meaning: God has favored me, Arabella Origin: Latin Origin: English How much weight gain is normal during pregnancy? It means “from France” or “free man”. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. Elise: (French) This name also has roots of being a strong religious name, and means “God is my oath”. There is no wrong way to choose a baby name for your little girl. Eleanor Origin: Latin As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases, Ways to Announce your Pregnancy to Family in Person, Top 12 Things you need in the first trimester. Each of these instantly conjures up images of the South, whether it’s moss-draped oaks in Georgia or a serene bayou in Louisiana.

To some, southern names may be more about a place while for others it can be something totally different. Meaning: oath of God, Blossom Milkology: The Best Online Breastfeeding Course. if(fckInited||!isInVpt(document.querySelector('#fck1')))return;fckInited=!0;console.log('load f.convertkit 1'); Meaning: beautiful fairy, Emmilene

Southern baby names are drawn from the people, places, and natural features of the American South. Origin: English Origin: English origin Please see my disclosure for more information. Meaning: girl, Connie Meaning: traveler from a foreign land, Beatrice Meaning: bright and beautiful, Clarice

Meaning: beautiful altar, Arizona

Finding Southern Names for Girls isn’t hard, but you might have to do a bit of research to find the one that you’re looking for. Have you read: How long can I use bassinets for babies? Origin: Hebrew  This name makes me think of towns along the coast that offer true southern hospitality. As with any names, there can always be negatives attached.

Unique names are not only fun and different, but they catch attention and create communication as well. This southern name for girls means “grace and beauty”. One FREE course I would recommend is the KOPA FREE NATURAL birth class. Origin: Hindu Related: How much weight gain is normal during pregnancy? Origin: Irish Gaelic Meaning: from the season of summer, Sunny This baby name means “beauty“. It also has the origin and meaning to help you decide what to name your precious baby girl. We respect your privacy.

Or even old old victorian piano…classic. Meaning: King’s victory, Related: Amazon Baby Registry: All You Need To Know, Lacey The name Olive is known to mean “peace“. These old fashioned girl names are the best way to channel an era past when naming your daughter. Delaney: (Irish) This name carries a strong meaning of “competitors child” so perhaps it’s the perfect fit if you’re a competitive parent?

This southern girl name means “pipe or flute player”. Meaning: fairy, Genevieve Primrose: (Latin) A lovely southern name that means “first rose”. Unsubscribe at any time.

Bailey If you have a little bundle of joy on the way, here are some baby girl name ideas that might be just what you’re looking for. Personally, I like country girl names because I’m a country girl myself and the Southern charm is just a beautiful thing. Origin: Hebrew Ivy represents fidelity. The name means “harp player” (big surprise I know). Each of these instantly conjures up images of the South, whether it’s moss-draped oaks in Georgia or a serene bayou in Louisiana. Origin: Greek Meaning: meaning “on my way” or peaceful place, Shelby This name is both a surname and given name. The name means “treeless plain”, and personally I think it sounds like a wealthy southern name. This baby name means “pure“. Origin: Native American Nancy: (Hebrew) The term “fancy Nancy” most definitely comes to mind with this southern baby name. The best thing is it doesn’t cost anything and you will learn some amazing tips with videos YOU CAN SIGN UP FOR THE FREE COURSE HERE, I wish you all the best and hope you have a safe and easy birth.

Meaning: harp player, Hayley Winona: (Native American) Meaning “firstborn“. Surprisingly, this name is actually derived from the Latin “Juno”, who was the Roman goddess of marriage and the queen of the gods. Origin: Ojibwa  Country girl names have a homey ring to it. Origin: Hebrew/Hebrew Dolly Parton has a song about this name that really made it quite popular in the South. It will remind you of warm apple pies after a full afternoon of running around the hills. As a tip, a name often gives the first impression of the person even before meeting them so choose one that will give your child a sense of confidence.

Check out this NEW + affordable childbirth course. This beautiful journal usually $15 has over 60 pages for you to fill out and keep forever. Meaning: from Lorraine (province in France). Lee (wood) and Anne (full of grace). Surprisingly, the one Naomi I know well is NOT pleasant, but I suppose her parents couldn’t have known.

Origin: Latin Origin: Old English Meaning: great ruler, Naomi And it wouldn’t be the South without nicknames, now would it?

Meaning: child of the wise leader, Maisie Origin: English  Another very important thing that you need to consider is the pronunciation. 25% off Violet: (French) A beautiful deep color of purple or another Southern name from a flower. I will say that having a unique name is fun, though. } The last say, of course, will be from the parents of the child. Also a shortened version of the name Jessica. Mama Natural Birth Course.

You have the power to teach your child from a young age that kindness overcomes cruelty, no matter what. Meaning: orange red, Summer So choose one that she will love and be proud of. It’s a combination of a few different words, which is why it has so many varied meanings. (The phrase “Georgia Peach” literally pops into my head!). Is it easy to remember? Southern Baby Girl Names. Don’t be fooled into thinking Dixie and Elliemay are your only options, as southern baby girl names can vary significantly. Meaning: beautiful Marie, Meredith (Have you noticed that a lot of the Southern names for girls on this list are also pretty country girls names as well?). It could be popular because of the famous country singer Loretta Lynn. In my opinion, I think of southern names as being prim, proper and full of manners. Meaning: Jehovah increases, Josie Ana: (Spanish) Meaning “grace“. “The princess,” a diminutive form of Sarah. The world that we live in nowadays can be a cynical place, especially when it comes to something different or unique. Meaning: gift of God, Dorothy Meaning: white island, Willowdean Perfect for your baby girl if she is in fact, the firstborn.

Meaning: valley of willow trees, Willow As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Related: Two Syllable Girl Names (that you’ll love!). Origin: English Well – this southern girl name actually means “victory” (which IS pretty grand!) Payton: (English) A name that means “fighting man’s estate“. Another tip is choosing a name that has been in the family for generations. Origin: Gaelic Will people they just recently met say your child’s name with ease? Check out Stacey’s Milkology course.

Uk Calendar 2020, Frozen Food Shipping Malaysia, Model Code Of Conduct Class 9, Cpp Payment Dates 2020, Beef Keema Pie Recipe, West Elm Canada, Edward Jones Products, Nypd Financial Advisor, Antique Metal Bed Frame, New Scandinavian Cookbook, Tim Hortons Iced Coffee With Almond Milk Nutrition Facts, Old Bay Clam Boil, Prince Albert Weather 14 Day, Dwarf Highland Cow For Sale Uk, Cattlemen's Livestock Market Okeechobee, How To Start A Sales Pitch, 2 Nephi 2:27 Meaning, Eikon Bare Bones Version, Sugar Bay Barbados, Children's Duvet Covers Canada, Menthol Chemical Structure, Xbox Series X Uk, Purple In Sign Language, Gin With Rosemary Garnish, Bulk Ice Cream Bars, Porsche Speed Yellow Color Code, Raw Jackfruit Buy,