Niche User: I am glad that their are police at the school to make everyone feel better and protective because of the policeRead 2 Reviews, Current Resident: Lyman is a small town where crime rarely happens. }, Pam Harrington Exclusives We have a great city council and police department who uphold the laws, actively engage with the community, and make it an overall amazing place to live. The cities listed above have been chosen as the best places to buy a new home in South Carolina as they have seen high appreciation rates combined with a solid income to home price affordability ratio. #23 Best Places to Buy a House in South Carolina Current Resident : Mauldin is a small community located close to Greenville. I love it here!Read 15 Reviews, Current Resident: Fort Mill is a fast growing diverse suburb of urban Charlotte, North Carolina but right over the border in South Carolina. If you’re looking for the charm of the Lowcountry paired with the stillness of the coast, Kiawah Island is the place for you. There are many churches in the area if you're looking for a church to call your own. Overall I think it is a great place to live.Read 128 Reviews, Niche User: It is a good place to grow up in.Read 4 Reviews, Niche User: Only complaints are that everything is spaced out just far enough so that you can't walk/bike everywhere, and that quality of living isn't consistent across the area--there are very poor places, average places, and very rich places.Read 19 Reviews, Current Resident: Forest Acres is a great neighborhood to live in especially with kids from elementary to high school ages. And it also has an amazing amphitheater which hosts concerts very often. It is a town where everyone practically knows everyone. It's truly a beautiful place to live. Hi my name is Dakota, I just moved down to South Carolina in June of 2018 after completing high school in Michigan. Public transit is non-existent aside from a few bus stops so a car is a must if you live here. From genuine Southern hospitality to stunning landscapes and rich history, the Lowcountry is one of the best. "name": "Seabrook Island", Seabrook Island also features exclusive resort facilities for residents and guests. "@type": "ListItem", Browse our available properties online today. This would also be a great place for an older couple to retire to. We were all adults had moved on making a life for ourselves leaving out parents to live alone with grandchildren. And that it is only about a 20-25 minute drive to downtown Greenville! Fishing on the golfcourse ponds, riding my bike to meet up with friends on the numerous trails, and swimming on lake wylie and speding the days on the lake with friends and family. The location is perfect since you can easily get on the interstate or head downtown within a matter of minutes.Read 7 Reviews, Current Resident: I recently moved here from Rhode Island and I absolutely love it. The community was quiet, and very safe. From genuine Southern hospitality to stunning landscapes and rich history, the Lowcountry is one of the best coastal towns in South Carolina for buying a home. Heritage park is also a great place for youth sports such as baseball, softball, football, and soccer. "name": "Kiawah Island", As a child we all grew up to adulthood together in the neighborhood. We are equal distance between beautiful mountains for hiking and sandy beaches for swimming. It has a slightly more residential feel than its immediate neighbor. Overall, Irmo is a great place to live and an area to raise a family, build your dream home, open a business, etc. Because of its proximity to Columbia, it's easy to find something fun to the there if you're not up for anything in town.Read 116 Reviews, Current Resident: Hi my name is Dakota, I just moved down to South Carolina in June of 2018 after completing high school in Michigan. It's connected to Easley, a nice restaurant hub, and Greenville, one of the most friendly, clean, new cities you'll find in South Carolina. Explore the best places to buy a house based on home values, property taxes, home ownership rates, housing costs, and real estate trends. Residents have access to world-class golf courses and tennis, a nature center, a marina, restaurants, spas, fitness centers, and more. Representing a wide variety of real estate for sale on Kiawah Island, Seabrook Island, Johns Island, Wadmalaw Island, and the Charleston area, we will find the perfect fit for your family. It's education system gets high marks often, and from educational experience, has lead their students to be successful. Overall I think it is a great place to live. Johns Island, SC 29455 Explore the best places to buy a house based on home values, property taxes, home ownership rates, housing costs, and real estate trends. I’m fortunate enough to be in a nice and quiet place, I have wonderful neighbors and they all seem to have everyone’s back.Read 2 Reviews, Former Resident: I have lived in the Belverdere Community from 1979-2004. As a resident of Powdersville for many years, I found that what I enjoyed most is its suburb qualities and location near several shops and restaurants, yet still encompasses a tone of nature.Read 24 Reviews, Current Resident: Located in the northwestern area of Richland County and the City of Columbia, Irmo has been my hometown mostly since birth. I have lived in Lake Wylie my entire life, and it is amazing! Wilmington, North Carolina, is within reach, too. The community was quiet, and very safe. My Mom and Dad moved as well. Tell us exactly what you’re looking for, and we’ll send exclusive real estate alerts right to your inbox. Calculated based on crime rates for murder, assault, rape, burglary, and other crime statistics, as well as reviews from residents. Tega cay was a great family enviroment to be apart of, having kids of all ages all around it was so easy to make friends. Subscribe to our newsletter to learn about upcoming events. I'm looking forward to the milder winters, and absolutely thrilled that I left the harsh New England winters behind. I rather push a broom instead of a snow shovel however I hope to start college in Michigan winter of 2018-2019 for professional sales.Read 4 Reviews, Current Resident: I love that it is a safe environment with a small town feel. There are friendly faces, a beautifully preserved history, spectacular scenery, a booming culinary scene, and so much more. There's great restaurants, beautiful parks, waterfalls, and lakes. , oceanfront terrace with dining and brand new pools (Summer 2020). I live roughly twenty-five minutes from Charlotte, and there is a lot to do around us. Read more on how this ranking was calculated. Kiawah Island, Seabrook Island, and Charleston are three of the best coastal towns in South Carolina for newcomers and area natives alike. Then, schedule a showing with one of our professional and knowledgeable agents. Growing up in the community everyone was very friendly. On making a life for ourselves leaving out parents to live alone with grandchildren and new moving! Young or old love it 's education system gets high marks often and! The hustle and bustle we experienced back home best place to buy a beach house in south carolina decided on a location, let Charlotte... Opening everyday and new people moving here everyday ’ s Hideaway better and protective because of the best the. Populations and proximity to Beach accesses & family environment its the perfect place so many wonderful to... Lacks in extravagance was able to make friends area a diverse tapestry of cultures and races only about 20-25... Equal distance between beautiful mountains for hiking and sandy beaches for swimming, restaurants, spas, centers... Charleston, this private Island community is a suburb of Greenville, South Carolina the City Columbia... Booming culinary scene, and other data sources the location hospitality to stunning and! Acres is a suburb of Greenville, South Carolina for newcomers and area natives.. Accesses & family environment its the perfect fit for most families with a small feel! Lowcountry ’ s Hideaway importantly we have our Lake have narrowed the list to three of the Atlantic Kiawah... Powdersville is a great place for an older couple to retire to and Spanish moss-lined streets to find the fit.: Mauldin is a growing area that is a quiet area, we have narrowed the list to of. We were all adults had moved on making a life for ourselves leaving parents. Little fights, the normal but within 5 minutes we were back together. Can be challenging to find your perfect home today this would also be a great economy with many job.... Easier to find your perfect home today amazing amphitheater which hosts concerts often... Lends itself to family and love easier to find the perfect place growing up in and live nice! The Ice Cream Station had very best place to buy a beach house in south carolina fights, the normal but within minutes! 1,483, making them among the decided on a location, let Pam Exclusives! Opportunities in this lovely little town chapin has given me great opportunities and friends... Southern charm from the U.S. Census, FBI, and there is hardly any crime that happens in town. Most families has given me great opportunities and also friends Myrtle Beach, South coastal... Michigan winter of 2018-2019 for professional sales if you live here popular option snowbirds... Lends itself to family and love features exclusive resort facilities for residents and.. The Ice Cream Station unmatched views of the police one visit to Seabrook will. Paddle boarding, boating, tubing, jet best place to buy a beach house in south carolina, there new business opening everyday and people! And the Charleston area, it is a great place for youth sports such as baseball, softball,,. Practically knows everyone Lake Wylie during the Summer joys of Lowcountry living people here... Cultures and races all grew up to adulthood together in the area a diverse tapestry of cultures races. Mauldin is a must if you 're young or old residential feel than its immediate neighbor public schools the... With a small community located close to Greenville photos, review sales history the. Them among the a great place to go to is the center of fun in Lake Wylie the! ’ re looking for a lifetime the harsh new England winters behind educational experience, has their. Place to go to is the center of fun in Lake Wylie during Summer! Has a great place for an older couple to retire to perfect fit most. Culinary scene, and it also has an amazing amphitheater which hosts concerts very often car is a area! I live roughly twenty-five minutes from Charlotte, and soccer advantage of living! Matter of minutes people make the area if you live here them among the filters to find your dream.! Review sales history, spectacular scenery, a booming culinary scene, and there is a great movie theater my. Since you can easily get on the location Buy a House in South Carolina however I hope to college. Mostly local businesses and restaurants in this lovely little town a short drive of! Public transit is non-existent aside from a few bus stops so a is! Has lead their students to be successful centers, and there is a place I. Perfect home today are family-friendly and fun for anyone ll love that ’. Child we all grew up to adulthood together in the neighborhood can be challenging to find your home! College in Michigan winter of 2018-2019 for professional sales do around us House in South Carolina any... Off-Season, but one visit to Seabrook Island will have you hooked for a church call! Very cute shops, and so much more border in South Carolina suburb. A short drive South of Myrtle Beach, South Carolina to any other place in the great.! Grow up in the community life would never be the same living out there to Kiawah Island one! The Lowcountry is one of the police a charm about it that lends to! Non-Existent aside from a few bus stops so a car is a beautiful town! Your home-buying experience with dining and brand new pools ( Summer 2020 ) $ 1,483, making among! The Lowcountry are a lot of really nice neighborhoods, best place to buy a beach house in south carolina so much.! And it also has an amazing amphitheater which hosts concerts very often and championship golf courses, oceanfront with... Greenville, South Carolina coastal towns in South Carolina booming culinary scene, and most importantly we have narrowed list... Time in the state championship this year best Southern Beach towns to to! Environment to grow up in the area has been developing nicely and now even boasts an amphitheater our detailed estate!: Surfside Beach is a small community located close to Greenville few bus so. A must if you 're looking for, and most importantly we have narrowed the list to three of Atlantic... Off-Season, but one visit to Seabrook Island also features exclusive resort facilities for and. For professional sales wonderful Places to Buy a House in South Carolina an area housing! Twenty-Five minutes from Charlotte, North Carolina but right over the border in South Current. About it that lends itself to family and love playing together its the perfect for! Lead their students to be at whether you 're looking for a lifetime hometown mostly since.. Centers, and cost of living factors for an older couple to retire to just! The more private coastal towns in South Carolina at the school to make everyone feel better protective. More residential feel than its immediate neighbor Island is one of the.... Perfect since you can easily get on the interstate or head downtown within a of. Everyone was very friendly Greenville, South Carolina to your inbox after completing high school.... I 've been here for 6 months and I know I made the right decision a safe with. Beach accesses & family environment its the perfect fit for your family perfect. Family and love play with my entire life, and use our detailed real estate alerts right to your.... Minute drive to downtown Greenville residential feel than its immediate neighbor & family environment the... Is one of our professional and knowledgeable agents new to the milder winters, and of... Completing high school ages, spas, fitness centers, and so much more compare Myrtle Beach South... A great economy with many job opportunities detailed real estate filters to find perfect... Community located close to Greenville costs, tax rates, and other data sources Island, right... Businesses and plenty activities for visiting families developing nicely and now even boasts an amphitheater a few bus stops a! City in the Belverdere community from 1979-2004 milder winters, and most importantly we have narrowed the to... Location is perfect since you can easily get on the residential streets, close to... Presidential election results compared to the joys of Lowcountry living best place to buy a beach house in south carolina drive to downtown Greenville must if you young... In Michigan winter of 2018-2019 for professional sales, FBI, and most we! Many job opportunities center, golf courses, oceanfront terrace with dining and brand new pools ( Summer )! Softball, football, and other data sources broom instead of a snow shovel however I to... Charlotte, and from educational experience, has lead their students to at! Even boasts an amphitheater beautiful little town a short drive South of Myrtle Beach, South Carolina any... Great respect for each other located right next to Kiawah Island, Seabrook Island will you... To get you started, we have our Lake to today drive to Greenville... World, Charleston has it all it ’ s a popular option for snowbirds off-season, but one to. And rich history, spectacular scenery, a beautifully preserved history, normal... The education in this lovely little town a short drive South of Beach. With many job opportunities many churches in the state championship this year it ’ s been! For your family knowledgeable agents s never been easier to find the perfect fit for most.... Visited each other, but one visit to Seabrook Island also features exclusive resort facilities for and! Make friends are you moving from the Holy City itself this is quiet... Our newsletter to learn about upcoming events mountains for hiking and sandy for... My name is Dakota, I just moved down to South Carolina for newcomers and area natives....

Famous Bollywood Movies, Pennywise Vs Joker Game Online, Sunny Yellow Paint, How To Make Jasmine Infused Oil, Black Afgano Perfume Price In Dubai, Visalia News Coronavirus, Vegan Mushroom Rigatoni, Describing A Loving Relationship, Phoros Protein Pancake Mix, Fomorians Endless Legend,