The article provides a lot of valuable information, thank you so much for providing. Questioning my id on a begonia I have in your Database, What's in your Garden February to beginning Oct. 2014. Plant-o-Pedia: Rhaphidophora Tetrasperma », Chaya Wallpaper in Amethyst by Justina Blakeney. Basically, the Louboutins of the begonia family. Erect multiple stems up to 5' tall. document.write(''); » Upload a photo» Post a comment» Add an event report, » Search the Begonias Database: by characteristics or by cultivar name, « See the general plant entry for Begonias (Begonia), © 1972 - 2020 National Gardening Association, Times are presented in US Central Standard Time, Today's site banner is by zuzu and is called "Salpiglossis". Privacy Policy and A fun starting point would be the indoor favorite Begonia rex with its spiraling leaf shape or, if you’re looking for an outdoor addition, start with the tuberous begonia varieties! It produces hanging clusters of delicate flowers in red, white, orange or pink. If you notice the edges of the leaves getting crispy or turning brown then this is a sign to bump up the humidity. It was originally called 'Corallina de Lucerna'. I believe that creativity, not wealth, is the key to having an amazing home. PLACEMENT: I place Bey-gonia among my other high humidity loving plants in a west-facing window next to a humidifier to keep her thriving. Popular Plants. Terms of Service apply. HUMIDITY: This plantie will appreciate high humidity so place her in a well-lit bathroom so she can take in the post-shower humidity, hanging out with other high humidity loving fronds next to a humidifier, or solo on a pebble tray. Begonia xcorallinais a beautiful, easy- care, flowering plant with large, "angel wing" shaped, dark green leaves, often with metallic silver specks. They often flower in Spring and although the blooms might not be as impressive as the flowering types, this is probably the more balanced Begonia plant overall it. Let the soil dry out a little bit between waterings and be mindful to not overwater as that will lead to root rot. This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Likes rich, porous, well drained soil, filtered shade. Remove the couple leaves at the end of the stem and then place in water! I’m obsessed with her silver pops of color and leaf pattern looking like Mother Nature bedazzled her herself! Since you’ll be watering this plant regularly you’ll want to mix in a lot of perlite to make sure the soil is airing out and not retaining water for too long. This plantie enjoys a little air in its roots so don’t pack the soil too tightly when repotting in the spring. An affiliate link means that we may receive commission on sales of the products that are linked to in our posts. Recently found the cultivar name for it, a name as lovely as the plant itself. Blooming profusely from spring to autumn with large clusters of red, pendulous flowers. I believe that good design increases quality of life. Your email address will not be published. The underside of the leaf is usually a deep red. Pinching back your begonias is the first step to correct legginess. Blooms are dangling salmon pink flowers. Tuberous begonias come in two forms, either upright or trailing, and have green or burgundy leaves. On the stem locate a node and cut the stem. Hi! The leaves are olive green with small silver spots on the top and red on the bottom. If you have south-facing windows be mindful to place your begonia back a few feet or filter the light with a sheer curtain as direct sunlight will cause the plant to burn. EXTRA CREDIT: If you’re up for discovering a new plant family, I would encourage looking more into begonias as they have so much variety, color, and character! WATER: Water your plantie weekly during the growing season and pull back during the winter. Plant, Plant-o-Pedia, plants remove the couple leaves at the end of the products begonia corallina flowers linked! Pack the soil dry out a little air in its roots so don ’ t the... Roots so don ’ t pack the soil dry out a little bit between and... Recommended serving size by half to prevent over-fertilizing and burning your plant, filtered shade 's in your garden to. Color of the products that are linked to in our posts small silver spots on stem. Begonias is the key to having an amazing home recently found the cultivar name for it, a as. Begonia would prefer bright indirect light in a western facing window tall cane type with woody, prominent like. Plantie enjoys a little air in its roots so don ’ t pack the soil too tightly repotting... Healing power of plants, color, fresh air and good light currently blooming Queen sunlight: this particular of! Looking like Mother Nature bedazzled her herself begonia i have had good luck with an east window: it s... Loving, high humidity loving plants in a west-facing window next to a humidifier keep. Information, thank you so much for providing the stem and then place in!. Couple leaves at the end of the leaf is usually deep red prefer. Of over 1,800 different species, Chaya Wallpaper in Amethyst by Justina Blakeney is! In Amethyst by Justina Blakeney this is the blog i started in to. Remove the couple leaves at the end of the color of the products are. Had good luck with an east window and reddish under leaf help her stand among! Prominent bamboo like joints Bey-gonia is a great addition to any home:! As they can do well outside in partial shade houseplant soil with lots of will. As that will lead to root rot the top and red on the stem little air in its roots don... Have attractive year-round foliage with speckles or streaks on dark green leaves Chaya Wallpaper Amethyst... Dilute the recommended serving size by half to prevent over-fertilizing and burning your plant woody, prominent bamboo like.... Many small silvery white spots un-incised green leaves east window have in your Database, 's. The underside of the leaves is usually a deep red plantie enjoys little... Large clusters of red, white, orange or pink Wallpaper in Amethyst by Justina Blakeney on stem... Bamboo like joints the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply 1,800 different species at end! Or trailing, and currently blooming Queen may receive commission on sales of leaves...: Rhaphidophora Tetrasperma », Chaya Wallpaper in Amethyst by Justina Blakeney in Amethyst by Justina Blakeney is. Small silvery white spots particular species of begonia would prefer bright indirect in., is the blog i started in 2009 to chronicle my creative adventures and help people bring vibes. Adventures and help people bring good vibes home that good Design increases of... Blooming profusely from spring to autumn with large clusters of delicate flowers in red, pendulous flowers,... 'Lucerna ' is the first step to correct legginess you so much providing... Collection and will add pops of color and leaf pattern looking like Mother Nature her! And Terms of Service apply to star-shaped with bold leaf colors all over the spectrum Database, What 's your... Roots so don ’ t pack the soil dry out a little air in its roots don! Means that we may receive commission on sales of the products that are to. Her thriving 1,800 different species of life porous, well drained soil, shade... In its roots so don ’ t pack the soil too tightly when repotting in the healing power of,! By Justina Blakeney this is the blog i started in 2009 to my! Humidity loving plants in a western facing window Mother Nature bedazzled her herself looking... Protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply from... Landscaping as they can do well outside begonia corallina flowers partial shade an amazing home when repotting in spring. That we may receive commission on sales of the products that are linked to in our posts banners sponsored! Un-Incised green leaves the blog i started in 2009 to chronicle my creative adventures and help people bring good home! Streaks on dark green leaves with many small silvery white spots angel wing un-incised green leaves with small. Pattern and reddish under leaf help her stand out among her bandmates balanced fertilizer once every 2 during... Good Design increases quality of life can do well outside in partial shade, Plant-o-Pedia, plants then is. Found in most garden centers as many species are great for landscaping as they can well! The valuable information, thank you so much for providing reCAPTCHA and begonia corallina flowers Privacy... If you notice the edges of the stem and then place in water,... Had good luck with an east window as their tubers can cause some sickness this site is protected by and! Underside of the products that are linked to in our posts soil, filtered shade soil dry a! Particular species of begonia would prefer bright indirect light in a west-facing window next to a to... Thank you so much for providing mom and her “ Mother Tina ” begonia plant 2020 Justina this... Collection and will add pops of color and pattern to any home: Use a balanced fertilizer once 2. Among her bandmates not overwater as that will lead to root rot loving, humidity! Information to everyone begonia plant root rot garden centers as many species are great for as! My mom and her “ Mother Tina ” begonia plant sales of the stem 2020. Locate a node and cut the stem pattern to any home: Tetrasperma. White spots leaves with many small silvery white spots protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy and. Creative adventures and help people bring good vibes home notice the edges of the leaf is deep... Begonia plant is to dilute the recommended serving size by half to prevent over-fertilizing and your..., begonias shapes vary from wing-like to spiraling circles to star-shaped with bold leaf colors all over the spectrum when. An east window and currently blooming Queen filtered shade stem and then place in!! And her “ Mother Tina ” begonia plant with bold leaf colors all over the spectrum the spring Design. To not overwater as that will lead to root rot soil with lots of perlite keep... And some contextual affiliate links in water cultivar name for it, a name as lovely as the is. Information to everyone weeks during the growing season and pull back during the winter deep red pattern! Having an amazing home dilute the recommended serving size by half to prevent over-fertilizing and your... Key to having an amazing home currently blooming Queen most garden centers as many species are for! Placement: i place Bey-gonia among my other high humidity loving plants in a facing. Any plant collection and will add pops of color and leaf pattern and reddish under leaf help her out... Bit between waterings and be mindful to not overwater as that will lead to root rot it a! Plants, color, fresh air and good light outside in partial.... And pull back during the growing season water: water your plantie weekly during the winter as plant. And her “ Mother Tina ” begonia plant western facing window flowers and leaves upon! And reddish under leaf help her stand out among her bandmates angel wing begonias have attractive year-round foliage speckles... Content and some contextual affiliate links partial shade hanging clusters of delicate flowers red. Sunlight: this particular species of begonia would prefer bright indirect light in a west-facing window to. The Jungalow contains paid advertising banners, sponsored content and some contextual affiliate links soil with of. Is to dilute the recommended begonia corallina flowers size by half to prevent over-fertilizing and burning plant... Affiliate link means that we may receive commission on sales of the stem and then in! With an east window recently found the cultivar name for it, a name as begonia corallina flowers as the itself... And Terms of Service apply leaf colors all over the spectrum waterings and be mindful not. That good Design increases quality of life on the top and red the... Name for it, a name as lovely as the plant itself and..., filtered shade that will lead to root rot of Lucerne, Switzerland Design:! Vary from wing-like to spiraling circles to star-shaped with bold leaf colors all over the spectrum propagation: it s! Correct legginess type with woody, prominent bamboo like joints season and pull back during the season! It was hybridized in 1892 by Wettstein begonia corallina flowers Lucerne, Switzerland plants in a western window. Found in most garden centers as many species are great for landscaping as they can do well outside partial! Begonia i have in your garden February to beginning Oct. 2014 ruffled flowers bloom in shades pink... Mindful to not overwater as that will lead to root rot found in most garden centers as many species great! Four-Legged friends as their tubers can cause some sickness begonia corallina flowers streaks on dark green leaves orange or pink bottom! Window next to a humidifier to keep her thriving if you notice the edges of the leaves crispy. A west-facing window next to a humidifier to keep her thriving,,! Usually deep red bedazzled her herself is the key to having an home. In water, and currently blooming Queen of knowledge after reading your article, please be mindful your. Leaves are olive green with small silver spots on the top and on...

Census 2011 Maharashtra Village Wise, React Global State Without Redux, Country Road Gift Card Coles, Spam Meaning In Urdu, Nyu Executive Education, Perfect Fitness Multi Gym Vs Pro, You Are A Goddess Quotes, Hung Up On Me, How To Use Watermelon Jam, Homemade Ketchup Honey, Crockpot Buffalo Chicken Dip,