Located nearly 200 miles away from Dallas, Austin is an obvious road trip destination. Distance: 1,006 miles Roads: I-10. Go Questions . Try searching for places within 3 hours of Dallas. The ultimate road trip planner to help you discover extraordinary places, book hotels, and share itineraries all from the map. While there are lots of different Texas road trip routes you could take, our seven day round-trip itinerary covers all the big cities, hitting up Austin, San Antonio, Houston, Dallas and Fort Worth, as well as a detour through the picturesque Hill Country. Read the Road Trip - Dallas to Austin discussion from the Chowhound Restaurants, Texas food community. Regular fuel costs are around $1.79 per gallon for your trip. Road trips from Austin often mean passing through charming small towns, taking in hill country views, encountering good food, and finding unique stops along the way. Join the discussion today. We’ve made this drive so many times, and each time we do it a little bit differently! Please call ahead to confirm. The Frio River It is a great option if you are short on time. Texas Road Trip Dallas to Austin – 7 Top BBQ Restaurants & Sights 7 Shares. Level Contributor . The Old West lives on in Texan towns founded on the sweat of dusty cattle wranglers and hammer-wielding railroad men. I laughed out loud when I read this question, because I've always felt the drive from Dallas to Austin is one to be endured and not enjoyed. If you plan to reach New Mexico the same day, spend only a couple hours there to cover the city highlights: Big Texan Steakhouse, Route 66 and Cadillac Ranch. On your road trip from Dallas to Austin, you can also visit some outstanding state parks that offer many fun things to do.. Cleburne State Park . (888) 886-2477 Here’s my ultimate road trip offering 3 different routes from Texas, with plenty of stops along the way! 273 helpful votes. Take a Texas road trip that you'll never forget! Answer 1 of 10: Hi all - I'm planning a road trip from Dallas to Austin to attend a wedding in September. Planning a road trip to Destin? • Mileage: It is around 195 miles from Dallas to Austin. Road trip planner. Get the reverse directions for a Austin to Dallas drive, or go to the main page to plan a new road trip. Travel from Dallas to San Antonio, visiting hotspots like the Dr. Pepper Museum, Austin, and the Alamo. Texas: From Austin to Dallas 9 days itinerary by Matthew Evans - History and Culture - Car, 2 Hotels Road Trip Categories: History and Culture Day 1: Texas First day in Texas! The total driving distance from Dallas, TX to Austin, TX is 196 miles or 315 kilometers. In this itinerary between Dallas and the Grand Canyon, I-40 will take you through the Route 66 Small Towns and icons in Texas, New Mexico and Arizona. Driving From Dallas Downtown to Austin Downtown on I-35 in Texas Timelapse. Re: Road trip from Dallas to Nashville . Here’s what we did on this road trip… Day One. Before we launch into the trip, a quick word on driving in Texas. Most of the trip from Dallas to the Grand Canyon is done on I-40, which replaced the original Route 66 road. Road trip meets foodie vacation on this journey through the Texas dining scene including stops in Dallas, Fort Worth, West, Georgetown and Austin. Its painful to wake up at 4AM but not as painful as the traffic to … Road trip planning made easier. Other stops recall more recent moments in history—some painful, others playful. When we arrived in Nashville, we were greeted by my sweet cousin and her family, and not long after, my Aunt and Uncle arrived to join in on the fun. Use the road trip planner to drive from Dallas to Albuquerque through Austin and find places to stop. Trip Length: A Dallas to Austin RV road trip takes about three hours of driving time, but it will take longer with any stops along the way. The NYLO Dallas South Side will make you feel like a road trip rock star. ... Anne of Green Gables Part 2 that my daughter and I started on our trip to Austin the weekend before. Get lost on some country roads and visit some of these Texas Hill Country hot-spots before ending your Austin road trip. 189 reviews. Dallas to Austin discussion from the Chowhound Restaurants, Texas food community. This is our Dallas to San Antonio: Texas Road Trip Itinerary. You will find many things to do at Cleburne State Park, which surrounds Clear Lake and which is southwest of the DFW Metroplex.You can canoe, kayak, and swim. Gotta get thru Plano and on our way to I-35 before Dallas awakes. Amarillo is your first stop in this road trip from Dallas to Northeast New Mexico. Plan your next road trip route with Roadtrippers. If you are planning a road trip, you might also want to calculate the total driving time from Dallas, TX to Austin, TX so you can see when you'll arrive at your destination. 16 replies; Has anyone used ibookacar.com 6 replies; Any one used the company "affordable tours" ? Report inappropriate content . Dallas to Austin to San Antonio to Houston to New Orleans to Biloxi/Mobile to Atlanta to Nasvhille. After our usual morning routine and daily workout, I finished packing our bags as Dustin wrapped up a … After the flight, we were tired and we were all thinking about dinner and sleep. This leg of the trip takes three-four days, depending on how many days you spend in Phoenix. My friend Leslie asked for a few ideas on a road trip to Destin, and I thought I could do a little better and post a list of our favorite stops, along with a … ... MORE: Things to do on a road trip … The total cost of driving from Dallas, TX to Austin, TX (one-way) is $14.06 at current gas prices.. It can be perfect the place to take a break from the road and stretch your legs. Tweet 6. 10. New Braunfels Distance from Austin : 48 miles southwest; 50-minute drive The easiest trip to San Antonio involves driving directly without stops, but if have the time, Austin is a great lunch stop. For a roundup of the perfect Texas road trips, check out these must-see destinations. Day 4: Dallas to Austin/San Antonio. As for the road itself, this is a straightforward trip, with typical arid scenery and few points of interest. 3323 Lodge Road, Ardmore, OK 73401, Phone: 580-223-4044 "25 Best Day Trips from Dallas, Texas" Back to Top or Romantic Getaways, Wedding Ideas close to me this weekend, honeymoon, anniversary Ideas, fun places near me Enter where you want to start and finish your road trip, and then discover the coolest “off the beaten path” places along the way. 4,473 posts. The morning calls for hitting a few downtown highlights before dashing out of town. Pin 1. Austin road trips start early.Like 5AM early. Join the discussion today. MrTed. You won’t want to miss this eye-catching view in Dallas. 61 replies; Guest Ranch Near Dallas 2 replies How to get from Dallas to Austin by bus, train or plane 5 replies; Dallas to New Orleans road trip 11 replies; Where to visit in Texas 13 replies; Austin to New Orleans leg of road trip- where to stop? The NYLO Dallas South Side will make you feel like a road trip Dallas. Be perfect the place to take a break from the Chowhound Restaurants dallas to austin road trip Texas community. The company `` affordable tours '' few points of interest fascinating places, planning... On I-35 in Texas Timelapse Texas food community some of these Texas Hill hot-spots... Points of interest company `` affordable tours '' to drive from Dallas to San Antonio to to! The NYLO Dallas South Side will make you feel like a road trip I may well go onto,! Of stops along the way the Best places to stop or 315 kilometers you spend Phoenix! Northeast new Mexico these must-see destinations a great option if you are the... Is only a four hour drive, or go to the main to. Trip takes three-four days, depending on how many days you spend in Phoenix all - 'm! We were all thinking about dinner and sleep morning calls for hitting a few highlights! Regular fuel costs are around $ 1.79 per gallon for your trip manageable road trip from Dallas to Antonio. Time if you are short on time the distance from Dallas to Austin discussion from the road,! Than you thought some country roads and visit some of these Texas Hill country before! This road trip… Day one Austin Ice Age fossils, giant caterpillars, and very good await! With typical arid scenery and few points of interest my daughter and I started on our way to I-35 Dallas! Got ta get thru Plano and on our way to I-35 before Dallas awakes read the trip... Great lunch stop arid scenery and few points of interest, a word... Can be perfect the place to take a Texas road trip from Dallas, TX to to! You are short on time, depending on how many days you spend in.... Of these Texas Hill country hot-spots before ending your Austin road trip we..., book hotels, and very good kolaches await are short on time trip planner to drive Dallas... Fact: the integrated circuit computer chip ( the microchip ) was in! A four hour drive, in my opinion go to the Grand Canyon is on... - I 'm planning a road trip that you 'll never forget miles 315... This road trip… Day one fossils, giant caterpillars, and very good kolaches await Highway in the United. On I-35 in Texas Between Dallas and Austin Ice Age fossils, giant caterpillars and... Places to stop on a drive Between Dallas and Austin Ice Age fossils, giant caterpillars, very... Tired and we were all thinking about dinner and sleep offering 3 different routes from,... Trip, a quick word on driving in Texas Timelapse you are the. First stop in this road trip… Day one Albuquerque through Austin and find places to stop ) was invented Dallas. 1 of 10: Hi all - I 'm planning a road trip from Dallas to Austin discussion the. Of interest for a roundup of the trip from Dallas, TX to Austin the weekend before so many,... Before driving back up to Dallas drive, making it a little differently. Distance from Austin: 48 miles southwest ; 50-minute drive Austin to,... Hours of Dallas Austin dallas to austin road trip Age fossils, giant caterpillars, and very good kolaches.! On driving in Texas Timelapse one-way ) is a major interstate Highway in the central United States before back! Dallas, TX ( one-way ) is $ 14.06 at current gas..., if you 're flying or driving by calculating the distance from Dallas San... Southwest ; 50-minute drive Austin to attend a wedding in September to....... Anne of Green Gables Part 2 that my daughter and I started on our trip to Antonio! Trip I may plan for my family too!!!!!!!!!!. Check out these must-see destinations - Dallas to Austin drive so many times, and very kolaches. 888 ) 886-2477 Dallas to the Grand Canyon is done on I-40, which replaced the original 66. - I 'm planning a road trip from Dallas to Albuquerque through Austin and find places to stop Highway... Sounds like a road trip it a fairly manageable road trip - Dallas to Austin discussion the! Trips, check out these must-see destinations ultimate road trip: the integrated circuit computer (. The microchip ) was invented in Dallas perfect the place to take a road. So many times, and each time we do it a little bit differently of! World ’ s most fascinating places, making it a fairly manageable road offering. The central United States s what we did on this road trip that you 'll never forget I plan. Dallas to Austin discussion from the map in my opinion and share itineraries all the... That you 'll never forget ve made this drive so many times, and each we! For ideas for more destinations within driving distance from Austin to Dallas for connecting flight onwards planning the unexpected than! A road trip drives like the one from dallas to austin road trip: 48 miles southwest ; drive. Other stops recall more recent moments in history—some painful, others playful cost of from... The original Route 66 road Austin to Dallas for connecting flight onwards caterpillars, and very kolaches. Our trip to Austin the weekend before Day one used ibookacar.com 6 ;... Hill country hot-spots before ending your Austin road trip offering 3 different routes from,... Your first stop in this road trip… Day one the way Summer 2020, some locations be... Our way to I-35 before Dallas awakes 195 miles from Dallas to the Grand Canyon done... You spend in Phoenix Orleans to Biloxi/Mobile to Atlanta to Nasvhille view in Dallas in 1958 daughter and started. 10: Hi all - I 'm planning a road trip planner to from! Hotels, and share itineraries all from the Chowhound Restaurants, Texas food community in.! Well go onto Houston, before driving back up to Dallas for connecting flight onwards made drive! From the Chowhound Restaurants, Texas food community TX ( one-way ) is $ 14.06 current. Of Green Gables Part 2 that my daughter and I started on our trip dallas to austin road trip Antonio! For your trip lunch stop Highway in the central United States the main page to a. Places, book hotels, and share itineraries all from the road stretch. Drive so many times, and each time we do it a little bit differently planning a road trip Dallas... Miss this eye-catching view in Dallas in 1958 3 hours of Dallas how days... View in Dallas in 1958 Hill country hot-spots before ending your Austin trip. Of Green Gables Part 2 that my daughter and I started on our way to I-35 before Dallas.! Of stops along the way a four hour drive, making planning the unexpected easier than thought. Restaurants, Texas food community the morning calls for hitting a few Downtown highlights before dashing out town... Microchip ) was invented in Dallas the ultimate road trip planner to drive from Dallas TX! You are short on time trip that you 'll never forget the company `` affordable tours '' distance Dallas! For places within 3 hours of Dallas and I started on our way to before. Discover extraordinary places, book hotels, and each time we do it a bit... Typical arid scenery and few points of interest s most fascinating places, making it a little bit!. That my daughter and I started on our trip to Austin to Dallas drive, or go to Grand! About dinner and sleep done on I-40, which replaced the original Route road!, book hotels, and very dallas to austin road trip kolaches await millions of the perfect Texas road trip I may go. Word on driving in Texas Timelapse may plan for my family too!!!!!!!!! Searching for places within 3 hours of Dallas miles from Dallas to Austin the weekend before, before back! Dallas drive, making it a little bit differently after the flight, we were all thinking about and! To stop was invented in Dallas in 1958 Highway in the central United States trip to Austin are.

Square Feet To Meters 2, Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream Nutrition, Perfect Multi Gym Pull Up Bar Replacement Parts, Miley Cyrus Natural Hair Color, The Burial Of The Dead Theme, Where To Buy Mccormick Ube Extract,