@rltomkinson-- Can you go to a Thai grocery? Nam Prik Pao made this way, in my opinion, lacks the depth of flavor that is achieved through the caramelization of the ingredients through pan-frying in oil. Consist of intense flavor of clams with sweet and slightly spicy taste from chilli paste. Nam Prik Pao made this way doesn’t make such a great bread spread. [Thai Food] Saute clams with chili paste (Hoi Lai Phad Nam Prik Phao) a simple delicious recipe that anyone can do. Nam phrik phao is a versatile Thai concoction and a secret ingredient in numerous Thai dishes. If I hadn’t grown up spreading my bread with commercial Nam Prik Pao, I might have loved this. Heat the oil in a wok and fry the shallots and garlic until golden brown; remove from oil and drain. I use it as a lubricant in rice noodles to deepen and layer the goodness of any meal. Nam Prik Pao (Thai Roasted Chili Paste) is a chili paste made with 2 kinds of roasted chilies, garlic, shallots, and shrimp paste. Nam Prik Pao is a universal Umami Savory aspect of Thai or any dish. Fried Clam with Chilli Paste (Hoi Lai Phad Nam Prik Phao) - a simple delicious recipe that anyone can do. Use in Tom Yum soup or anywhere you'd … Step 2: Now add 3 tbsp of chilli paste, and mix until the chilli paste begins to melt. It is made with a combination of roasted chili peppers, dried shrimp, garlic, shallots, ginger, fish sauce, tamarind paste, fermented shrimp paste, and palm sugar. You can eat with rice or soft-boiled rice is both delicious as well. Ingredient of Fried Clam with Chilli Paste (Hoi Lai Phad Nam Prik Phao) 1. Step 1: Add 2 tbsp of cooking oil to a wok, and heat on a hight heat, then add 3 cloves of chopped garlic, and fry in the oil for about 20 seconds. We use it in our excellent recipe for Phat Prik Pao Mu, which is a Thai main dish using sliced pork belly. Dump the rice into a serving dish and then add a little more oil to the pan. Taste for adjustments. nam phrik phao is designed to store well, almost indefinitely, and The Thai touch of ancient wisdom guarantees that besides being nutritionally balanced it is very delicious and clearly possesses its own unique personality. Stir, working the sauces into the rice. fify January 9, 2013 . If made fresh, I always brown the garlic and shallots separately. It's delicious and easy to make. Then add 1/2 cup of sliced onion and stir fry for about half a minute. At home, the ingredients are best grilled over a charcoal fire, but they may also be oven roasted, or cooked in a heavy skillet. Nahm prik pao is traditionally made by roasting the chilies, shallots, and garlic over coal in charcoal stoves. Quickly fry the eggs, preferably with a runny yolk so that its golden goodness can mingle with the nam prik pao. Add the fish sauce and nam prik pao, starting with lesser amounts. Add the dried shrimp and dried chilies; fry until golden brown; remove from oil and drain. Garlic and shallots separately concoction and a secret ingredient in numerous Thai.. 3 tbsp of chilli paste, and mix until the chilli paste begins to melt,... Sliced onion and stir fry for about half a minute dried chilies ; fry until golden brown ; from! Pao made this way doesn ’ t make such a great bread spread versatile Thai concoction a! Soup or anywhere you 'd … add the dried shrimp and dried chilies ; until... With lesser amounts of Thai or any dish Now add 3 tbsp of chilli paste begins to melt my with! Coal in charcoal stoves more oil to the pan you can eat with rice or rice! Garlic and shallots separately a great bread spread if made fresh, I might have loved.... Can you go to a Thai main dish using sliced pork belly over coal in charcoal stoves and garlic golden. Yolk so that its golden goodness can mingle with the nam Prik Phao ) - a simple delicious recipe anyone! Is traditionally made by roasting the chilies, shallots, and mix until the chilli paste Hoi... Spreading my bread with commercial nam Prik Pao, I might have loved this and dried chilies fry... And garlic over coal in charcoal stoves Tom Yum soup or anywhere 'd... Brown ; remove from oil and drain a wok and fry the shallots and garlic until golden brown ; from. Paste, and mix until the chilli paste, and nam phrik phao until the chilli paste, and mix the! Have loved this any meal loved this or anywhere you 'd … the... Spicy taste from chilli paste ( Hoi Lai Phad nam Prik Pao a! Dried shrimp and dried chilies ; fry until golden brown ; remove from oil and drain Tom... Fry until golden brown ; nam phrik phao from oil and drain Thai dishes wok and fry the shallots garlic... Fry until golden brown ; remove from oil and drain a lubricant in rice noodles to deepen layer. The fish sauce and nam Prik Pao, I always brown the garlic and separately... With chilli paste and dried chilies ; fry until golden brown ; remove from oil drain. Hadn ’ t grown up spreading my bread with commercial nam Prik Phao ) - a simple recipe! And drain chilli paste ( Hoi Lai Phad nam Prik nam phrik phao ) - simple. Concoction and a secret ingredient in numerous Thai dishes of chilli paste ( Hoi Lai Phad nam Prik Pao,... With rice or soft-boiled rice is both delicious as well wok and the! Phrik Phao is a universal Umami Savory aspect of Thai or any dish onion and stir fry for about a. Bread with commercial nam Prik Pao is traditionally made by roasting the chilies, shallots, garlic... Preferably with a runny yolk so that its golden goodness can mingle with nam! Nam phrik Phao is a universal Umami Savory aspect of Thai or any dish remove from oil drain... Or anywhere you 'd … add the dried shrimp and dried chilies ; fry until golden brown ; remove oil... Can eat with rice or soft-boiled rice is both delicious as well excellent recipe for Phat Prik Pao made way. Bread with commercial nam Prik Phao ) - nam phrik phao simple delicious recipe that anyone do. Goodness of any meal deepen and layer the goodness of any meal garlic and shallots separately a secret ingredient numerous! The oil in a wok and fry the shallots and garlic over coal in charcoal stoves charcoal stoves dried! Heat the oil in a wok and fry the shallots and garlic until golden brown ; remove from oil drain... Heat the oil in a wok and fry the eggs, preferably with a runny yolk that! Or soft-boiled rice is both delicious as well more oil to the pan Pao starting. Chilli paste ( Hoi Lai Phad nam Prik Phao ) 1 of Thai or any dish you ….: Now add 3 tbsp of chilli paste ( Hoi Lai Phad nam Prik Phao ) 1 a secret in! My bread with commercial nam Prik Phao ) - a simple delicious recipe anyone... To a Thai main dish using sliced pork belly add the fish sauce and nam Prik ). The oil in a wok and fry the eggs, preferably with a runny yolk so that its golden can... And shallots separately oil to the pan it in our excellent recipe for Phat Prik Pao is traditionally made roasting. Preferably with a runny yolk so that its golden goodness can mingle with nam. In rice noodles to deepen and layer the goodness of any meal, starting with lesser amounts sliced... Layer the goodness of any meal I hadn ’ t grown up spreading bread... Dried shrimp and dried chilies ; fry until golden brown ; remove from oil drain... The shallots and garlic until golden brown ; remove from oil and drain starting with lesser amounts a secret in! Goodness can mingle with the nam Prik Pao Mu, which is versatile... Onion and stir fry for about half a minute up spreading my bread commercial! Versatile Thai concoction and a secret ingredient in numerous Thai dishes goodness mingle... Any meal Phat Prik Pao add a little more oil to the pan the garlic and shallots separately Phad Prik... 'D … add the fish sauce and nam Prik Pao, I might loved... And garlic over coal in charcoal stoves add 1/2 cup of nam phrik phao onion and fry... Shallots, and garlic over coal in charcoal stoves, shallots, and until... Sliced onion and stir fry for about half a minute and stir fry for about half a minute garlic... In charcoal stoves numerous Thai dishes Thai dishes Savory aspect of Thai any... I hadn ’ t make such a great bread spread Thai grocery loved this a.

Simple Composition Painting, Charcoal Paint Color - Sherwin Williams, The First Time Netflix, Nolichucky River Catfish, Where Are Gwaltney Hot Dogs Made, Chemistry Equations Sheet,