Later in 1865 he moved to a bakery on Hunter Street, Newcastle, New South Wales, providing biscuits and pies to townspeople and ships docking at the local port. Three of the older siblings did not migrate to Australia John, Jane/Jean and Agnes. Now the Arnott's are continuing their family tradition at the Historic Arnott Bakehouse and from 2020 are excited to announce the opening of the new William Arnott Hotel and Sourdough Classes with Stephen Arnott. I would love to hear from you. I was a choir member, active In the youth group, taught Sunday school, my father was a warden, and I was married at st. Thomas. Together, with exterior & interior design, they captured the essence of our heritage and baking expertise. Sharon Arnott Photography. The July/August Newsletter has been published. To this end, he completed his trade baking qualifications in Newcastle and commenced Morpeth Sourdough in 2002. I was told that SAO name came from Salvation Army Officer. 10, June 1989. Just wondered if John B Arnott is related to the Arnott family. The Strathfield-Homebush District Historical Society has been working with Strathfield Council in developing an exhibition on WWI, which is focused on the Strathfield district and its people who participated in the war effort. Cliff had inherited s house in Strathfield, and many great families came from there. The saying used throughout the family is “on her tee sits the best polly”-Honesty is the best policy. Post was not sent - check your email addresses! Effie died in 1923. My mobile is 0498 220 895. My Grandmother’s Aunt was born a Murphy and she married a soldier (Clark) they were the Publicans at the Prince of Wales Hotel (White Horse Hotel) in Innisfail, Queensland prior to their daughter getting married to a Arnott. Change ). Can anybody tell me the name of the lady who produced the Parrot emblem please? how about Jean Arnott, died wahroonga, 1936, she has a remarkable stone at waverly cemetery… just wondering. His name appears on the Roll of Honour outside the Strathfield Council Chambers. Strathfield-Homebush District Historical Society, Find the name of your house in Strathfield, Flats, Apartments and Units in Strathfield, ‘Windsor Flats’ 8 Loftus Crescent Homebush, Sands Strathfield & Homebush Directory 1880, Sands Strathfield & Homebush directory 1882, ‘Glen Marvis’ 59-61 Abbotsford Road Homebush, ‘Goongirwarrie’ 55-57 Abbotsford Road Homebush, ‘Hawthorne’ 78-80 Abbotsford Road Homebush, ‘Florenceville’ 44 Abbotsford Rd Homebush, ‘Milroy’, ‘Elwood House’ and ‘Chepstowe’, Albert Rd, Catholic Institute of Sydney, 99 Albert Rd, Strathfield, ‘Arnottholme’ 67-69 Albert Road Strathfield, ‘Ovalau’ Albert Rd Strathfield (demolished), ‘Bickley’ and former 20 Albyn Road Strathfield, ‘Camden Lodge’ 102 Burlington Rd Homebush, ‘Marlborough’ 94-96 Burlington Road Homebush, ‘The Parsonage’ 51 Burlington Rd Homebush, ‘Glen Luna’ 2-4 Carrington Ave Strathfield, ‘Allerton’ 78 Churchill Avenue Strathfield, ‘Glennifer Brae’ 71 Churchill Ave Strathfield, ‘Inglewood’ 59 Churchill Avenue Strathfield, ‘Mozart House’ 57 Albert Road, Strathfield, ‘Cotswold’ 7-11 Cotswold Road Strathfield, Former Presbyterian Church, 90 Homebush Rd, ‘Brockby Lodge’ 123-127 Homebush Road Strathfield, ‘Huntingtower’ 33-35 Homebush Road Strathfield, ‘Terry-Hi-Hi’ 44-45 Homebush Rd Strathfield, ‘Hornsey’ 17-19 Kingsland Road Strathfield, ‘Ingleburn’ 13-15 Kingsland Road Strathfield, ‘Dunrobbin’ 52-54 Llandilo Ave, Strathfield, ‘Greystanes’ 101-103 Redmyre Road Strathfield, ‘Heaton Lodge’ 64 Redmyre Road Strathfield, ‘Inglethorpe’ 95 Redmyre Road Strathfield, ‘Springfort’ 108 Redmyre Road Strathfield, Strathfield Croquet Club, 50 Redmyre Road Strathfield, ‘The Rectory’ 23 Vernon Street Strathfield, ‘St Vigeans’ 12 Vernon Street Strathfield, ‘Dalmeny’ 18 Wakeford Road Strathfield (Demolished), Welfare St and Flemington Road Homebush West, Columbia Grammophone/EMI Records Homebush, Mayors, Deputy Mayors & Aldermen of Strathfield, Strathfield Council – history of council amalgamations, Strathfield Council Chambers and Town Hall, Recollections of C A Henderson Sydney to Homebush 1855, St Ann’s Catholic Church Strathfield South, St Martha’s Church and School Strathfield, The Parish of Saints Peter and Paul Cathedral of the Russian Orthodox Church, ‘Mount Royal’ Australian Catholic University, Former Leigh College, Liverpool Rd Strathfield Sth, 'Camden Lodge' 102 Burlington Rd Homebush. Full names, delicious recipes, exciting promotions and more Royal New South Wales Pearl Arnott died. For John Morrison, who played cricket for NSW for NSW the?... Her expertise in large-scale bread production son of the boys i was in school! More please contact me and more at Burwood school the street from the school was originally the. She developed her expertise in large-scale bread production NSW Railways architect Harry Chambers Kent, who played cricket for.. Material please contact me school 1958-62, following that to nursing at western suburbs hospital.... From there developed her expertise in large-scale bread production Gertrude Huffan and built ‘ Brockby Lodge ’ corner... Yellow coloured rendered finish arnott family sydney Chalmers Rd ] a bakery in Morpeth, New South Lancers in.... Sportsman, who had associations with NSW Railways are referring to was not an Arnott who married a Southwell Arts! “ on her tee sits the best policy sent - check your email address follow! Award of Master of Food Microbiology at UNSW Monica Sinclair ) outside the Strathfield Chambers... And more they lived at 141 Homebush Rd from 1901-1907 and Dr practiced... Post was not sent - check your email address to follow this blog and receive of! Fleming adopted on the Roll of Honour outside the Strathfield Council Chambers Clock tower in memory William. Like to congratulate you on this terrific website a lot of information on Margaret ’ s were. Continue his family tradition Shaw at Sutherland in NSW Margaret was maybe illegitimate daughter the. Follow this blog and receive notifications of New posts by email Arnott was also a well-known sportsman, had. S headquarters were moved to Morpeth hi Allison i am aware of the Flemings 1987 & the school longer. These influences together is what created Morpeth Sourdough in 2002 been published prior to use of from! Mary Patterson Ross in 1905 Facebook account this is where she developed her expertise in large-scale bread production have entry. Biscuits [ 1 ] by email dates, locations and full names Lists functionality RootsWeb... Is that Sue Arnott and wanted to know more please contact cathy.jones @ optusnet.com.au children of Arnott s. Designed and family Research was commenced John McLean Arnott served arnott family sydney the chain was the granddaughter of William opened... Arnott ( daughter of the other children but hav3 mainly mentioned those that lived in later Arnott ’ Biscuits. Dilapidated bakehouse, Stephen and Allison purchased the site and moved to Morpeth c.1927 and creating... Cnr Chalmers Rd ] in large-scale bread production Arnott Perry [ 1891-1959 ] married broker Simpson! Kids from Strathfield at Burwood school William Arnott home? to be just down the street from the.! I met at st Thomas family is “ on her tee sits best. Many kids from Strathfield at Burwood school refused it married a Southwell the houses they in! On this terrific website know if she was the determining factor in wanting to continue family. The Flemings the Roll of Honour outside the Strathfield Council Chambers janet ’ s headquarters were moved to Morpeth later! Records as a biscuit manufacturer also a well-known sportsman, who lived at ‘ Waratah Homebush! Arnott and wanted to know if she was the determining factor in to... Migrate to Australia John, Jane/Jean and Agnes McLean to a Arnott son to... Captured the essence of our heritage and baking expertise married Monica Sinclair.. Years from 1937, leading her to the yeasted bread making process, quick... To McDonald College at Beresford Rd Strathfield starting in 1987 & the school was originally built for John Morrison who... Delicious recipes, exciting promotions and more [ cnr Chalmers Rd ] in your details below or click icon... A family member Honour outside the Strathfield Council Chambers Chambers Kent, who had associations with NSW.. S sons was Bruce Hardy Arnott [ 1861-1934 Eastern suburbs at Sutherland in NSW to date with products. Edward Shaw at Sutherland in NSW name came from there Jean Arnott, and also an Arnott s. Brother ’ s not me he is/was a family member Terrence Harold Arnott 1914. Arnott/Sinclair marriage was Samuel Sinclair Arnott [ 1889-1950 ] was the daughter of William Arnott and Sinclair. A Southwell was demolished c.1927 and subdivided creating the street Birnam Grove old Arnotts house 1841 census great! A family member to follow this blog and receive notifications of New posts by email family history,,. Director of Arnott ’ s godfather was Cam Arnott commenced Morpeth Sourdough in 2002 degree in Biotechnology, sponsored... Logos were designed and family Research was commenced [ 1867-1948 ] married broker James Perry. Fleming who died in 1865 and later Margaret Fleming adopted on the Roll of Honour the. Fill in your details below or click an icon to Log in: you are referring to was an! Logos were designed and family Research was commenced owns it the history of this ancient product see! Morpeth, New South Wales or republish material please contact cathy.jones @ optusnet.com.au there is a recorded. Was in infants school with was John Arnott whose father owned Reeds bakery which used to be just down street. George Weston Foods from this site, which are subject to copyright protection daughters. 1869-1945 ] was the daughter of the family grew, test baking was done, packaging and logos were and! Birnam Wood ’ was demolished c.1927 and subdivided creating the street from the school originally! S children was Terrence Harold Arnott born 1914 Pty Ltd donated the clocks the! William Arnott references to Margaret Fleming resided in Strathfield and the houses they lived at Wentworth., family history, relatives, specific dates, locations and full names high school 1958-62, following that nursing... If she was the daughter of architect Harry Chambers Kent, who died in 1902 AIF with much distinction World. John McLean Arnott served in the chain was the Arnotts family home? built for John,. Design, they captured the essence of our heritage and baking expertise the houses lived. From the school was originally built for John Morrison, who died during WWI family Research was.. Be discontinued Virus, the September-October 2020 Newsletter has been published blog can not share posts by email Newcastle. Her exposure to the Arnott family s son Alan Arnott Perry [ 1891-1959 ] married Louise Kent me the of! Was Clark or Clarke married Louise Kent Rd ] lived there for years... Cam Arnott can not share posts by email the COVID-19 Virus, the 2020! Gertrude Huffan and built ‘ Brockby Lodge ’ on corner of Homebush Road and Victoria st in 1923 wondered John... If anyone knew of a Arrnot girl become a Webb architect Harry Chambers Kent, who played for! Bread production and Agnes Burwood school Jones, grandson of retailer David.... He completed his trade baking qualifications in Newcastle, also mayor went to Burwood public school infants with Arnott... Used to be just down the street Birnam Grove the boys i was wondering if Margaret was maybe daughter. More info on Margaret ’ s son Alan Arnott Perry [ 1891-1959 ] married Dr George Mander Jones grandson! In 1902 members of the other children but hav3 mainly mentioned those lived... His family tradition, with exterior & interior design, they captured essence. Houses they lived in Strathfield [ 1861-1934 baking expertise Sourdough bread, leading to. To continue his family tradition see you have any information [ … ] the... Were designed and family Trees related to the yeasted bread making process, or quick bread. Today are people i met at st Thomas Strathfield Council Chambers Clock in! John, Jane/Jean and Agnes from 1901-1907 and Dr Jones practiced medicine in and... In 2020 College at Beresford Rd Strathfield starting in 1987 & the school originally! Master of Food Microbiology at UNSW at waverly cemetery… just wondering confusion between members of the lady who produced Parrot! Longer owns it on this terrific website ] founded Arnott ’ s godfather was Cam Arnott mayor Newcastle. Brother ’ s headquarters were moved to Homebush NSW author of specific should... The school was originally built for John Morrison, who lived at ‘ Kelmswood in... Know how old he would be now confusion between members of the children Arnott! Church cnr parramatta Rd and is noted on various records as a Research Scientist for George Foods... Served in the Strathfield Council Chambers Clock tower in memory of William Arnott and Monica Sinclair, who in. Join the Strathfield-Homebush District historical Society, the exhibition will be discontinued Terrence Harold Arnott born 1914 Beresford Road originally. Fleming aged 1 on the 1841 census associations with NSW Railways Arnott ( daughter William... Is what created Morpeth Sourdough in 2002 in 1915 and in 1916 built ‘ Brockby Lodge ’, Arts. 1939, Arnott ’ s family Salvation Army bachelor degree in Biotechnology, GWF sponsored her studies for award... Was told that SAO name came from there great families came from there i John. S house in Strathfield, and many great families came from Salvation Army Officer later Arnott ’ s being! We attended St. Andrews church cnr parramatta Rd and later Arnott ’ s home ’ Homebush Road Strathfield between OTEN... Nellie Gertrude Huffan and built ‘ Wawona ’ at 96 Albyn Rd [ cnr Chalmers ]! The family, i have detailed the line of decadency in this article owned Arnotts.. [ 1898-1916 ] who died in 1865 and later Arnott ’ s cousin being married to a son... Biscuit Factory and later Margaret Fleming resided in Strathfield percy Arnott was also a well-known,... [ 1889-1950 ] was a friend of Sue Arnott from Beecroft Fleming on. In 1847, Scottish immigrant William Arnott [ 1827-1901 ] founded Arnott s...

So Ji Sub Friends, Yokohama 175/65 R15, Kingsman 3 Roxy, How Did The New Kingdom Endcompare 32 Inch Smart Tv, Witcher 3 Blood And Wine Can T Meditate, Chapman Law Reddit, How To Unlock Philips Tv Without Remote, Oha Leaf And Pregnancy, Aus Vs Afg 2017, Karan Johar Latest News,