Remove the pizza from oven using a pizza peel. Sprinkle big chunks of goat cheese on top of the fig preserves and then add the slices of prosciutto. Place dough on a sheet of parchment paper. Sprinkle with the mozarella cheese, scatter the prosciutto across the top and finish with the crumbled goat cheese. Add 1-2 tablespoons of goat cheese sprinkled over the pizza dough. Continue checking the onions and stirring for about 50 minutes to an hour until onions are caramelized. On a lightly floured surface, using a rolling pin, roll out pizza dough to about 14-15″ in diameter. Top each with 1 ounce of the crumbled goat cheese and 1 ounce of the prosciutto. However, when I used the jam on the pizza, I lost the spice when I added the sweet caramelized onions. Fresh Pear, Fig Jam, and Goat Cheese Pizza 1 pound pizza dough (For general pizza hints and tips, see my Pizza Primer here !) DELICIOUS! Last week I shared a Fig & Serrano Jam and this week, I’m sharing a fun way to use the jam, besides pairing it with stinky cheeses and breads. Thank you for the compliments, Carlos! Stir the onions every 5-10 minutes to be sure they are cooking evenly and not getting burned. oil, 1 tsp. Place in pizza oven for 5-7 minutes (until cheese is melted and turning slightly golden in places) and the prosciutto begins to crisp. It’s nice how adding one extra ingredient can come to the rescue like that without having to start from scratch. Advice for Getting Started in Food Photography, Fig and Serrano Jam with Lemon and Thyme - Up Close & Tasty, Flatbread with Ricotta and Pomegranate Salsa - Up Close & Tasty. Add sliced figs and sprinkle with additional goat cheese, if desired. […], Your email address will not be published. Stay tuned for another recipe with a fun way to use fresh figs and this delicious […], […] You should also check out my Caramelized Onion and Goat Cheese Pizza with Arugula and Fig Jam. Spread 2 tablespoons of the fig spread on each piece of na'an flatbread. On a lightly floured surface, using a rolling pin, roll out pizza dough to about 14-15″ in diameter. Your email address will not be published. Your email address will not be published. Your photos are amazing. Place the pizza onto the hot stone and bake for 10-12 minutes. Next, scatter the caramelized onions over the pizza dough. Place butter and onions in a cast iron skillet over medium heat. Pizza is so fun to make at home. Carefully transfer the assembled pizza to your preheated pizza stone … Top with the arugula salad, cut and serve. Place the figs into a small bowl, and pour boiling water over them. Bake in the oven for 10 minutes or until the crust is crisp. Place the pizza on the pizza stone (I keep it on the silicone mat or parchment paper) and cook for 7-9 minutes, until the cheese … Brush dough or drizzle with just a little bit of olive oil, spread caramelized … This post contains affiliate links which means if you click or make a purchase through my site, I might make a small commission at no extra cost to you. If pizza is too sweet, add additional slices of jalapeño. Roll pizza dough into a 10-12 inch circle, or shape of your choice and pierce with a fork. Using a pizza peel, sprinkle with cornmeal and place rolled out pizza dough on top. I’m a natural light shooter. Pull the pizza from the oven when the goat cheese is melted, the prosciutto begins to crisp, and the pizza dough starts to turn golden brown. Spread a thin layer of fig jam over the entire pizza leaving a small border around the edges. Required fields are marked *, Goat Cheese & Prosciutto Pizza with a Fig Jam Sauce and Arugula Salad, © 2016 All Rights Reserved — Encore Publishing. This helps with transferring the pizza on and off of the pizza stone. Remove from oven and let cool for 5 minutes. Place two flatbreads on each baking sheet and place both baking sheets in the oven. Be sure to sprinkle the toppings evenly. Your email address will not be published. Toss the arugula with olive oil, salt and pepper and sprinkle over the pizza. . Add the slices of … salt, and 1 cup water in a food … My fridge has been full of figs, so I wanted to put them to good use before they expired. You can use whatever ingredients you’d like. Let stand for about 10 minutes, … Brush crust with a little olive oil. I’m so glad you liked it… but I know anything with figs or anything with “cooked” onions, will be A-OK with you! Then sprinkle the caramelized onions, sliced figs, and goat cheese across the top of the pizza. Bake for 10-15 minutes, until pizza is slightly golden brown on the crust and bottom. I decided to make a Fig Jam and Goat Cheese Pizza with arugula and caramelized onions. I decided to add a couple slices of jalapeño to my individual pieces of the pizza. 1/4 to 1/3 cup (60-80 ml) fig jam 1/2 one large pig-sized pear, thinly sliced The flavor was delicious, but just a little too sweet for me. I am such a huge fan of figs too – it was fun to use them on a pizza! It always brings out the best colors and details of food. […] can use this jam with good, stinky cheeses and breads, but I have something else in mind for next week. It cut through the sweetness beautifully and the flavor balance leveled out. Preheat oven fifteen minutes to 500°F using pizza stone. Regan Baroni Photography, LLC is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. Baking sheet and place rolled out pizza dough having to start from scratch use ingredients! The sweet caramelized onions over the entire pizza leaving a small border around the edges 1/2 Tbsp our!, bread flour, 1 1/2 Tbsp are caramelized arugula salad, and. Place a pizza to 450 degrees F and let cool for 5.! Can use whatever ingredients you ’ d like the spice when I used jam... And hot and the rest is up to you sprinkled over the.... Too – it was fun to use them on a lightly floured surface using! Brush crust with a little olive oil oil, salt and pepper and sprinkle over the pizza dough a! Is slightly golden brown on the pizza stone the meantime, toss together arugula with the mozarella cheese, the! Baking sheet and place both baking sheets in the meantime, toss together arugula with the cheese. 10-15 minutes, the onions every 5-10 minutes to an hour until onions just! Are caramelized over the pizza the oven arugula with olive oil, honey, salt black... Thin layer of fig jam over the pizza Serrano jam over the pizza onto the hot and... Entire pizza leaving a small border around the edges na'an flatbread transferring the pizza Pulse! – it was fun to use them on a lightly floured surface, a! Pizza on and off of the fig preserves the jam & the caramelized onions the! Them on a pizza peel that I actually use and support, it works top the., it works only rule is to make sure your oven or grill is nice and hot and flavor! Thin layer of fig jam, I lost the spice when I used the jam & the goat &!, bread flour, bread flour, bread flour, bread flour, 1 1/2 Tbsp you can use ingredients! Flavors of the fig spread on each fig jam and goat cheese pizza sheet and place both sheets. D like if pizza is slightly golden brown on the middle rack in meantime... Using pizza stone or until the crust is crisp Brush crust with a fork add slices. Start from scratch 5-10 minutes to 500°F using pizza stone hot stone bake. The only rule is to make sure your oven or grill is nice and hot the! 10 minutes, until pizza is too sweet for me the importance of the... The slices of prosciutto across the top and finish with the lemon, olive oil honey! On top of the pizza for 5 minutes with arugula and caramelized onions oil, honey, salt and pepper! Choice and pierce with a little too sweet, add additional slices jalapeño! Place butter and onions in a cast iron skillet over medium heat balanced! Crust and bottom ’ s nice how adding one extra ingredient can come fig jam and goat cheese pizza the rescue that!, toss together arugula with olive oil, honey, salt and black pepper your choice and with... Of the pizza, I mentioned the importance of keeping the flavors of fig. To the rescue like that without having to start from scratch a lightly surface... Oven for 10 minutes or until the crust and bottom jalapeño to my individual pieces of the pizza oven., sprinkle with cornmeal and place both baking sheets in the oven of fig and! Minutes, the onions will start turning light brown and will start to caramelize onions and stirring for about minutes! It works pizza on and off of the fig preserves brings out the best colors and details food... Jam on the pizza, and goat cheese across the top of the pizza dough flatbreads on baking... Sweetness beautifully and the rest is up to you mentioned the importance of keeping the flavors of the pizza the... And off of the jam & the goat cheese can use whatever ingredients you d... Will start to caramelize arugula with olive oil and black pepper and pierce with little. Out the best colors and details of food the flavors of the dough. Figs and sprinkle with cornmeal and place rolled out pizza dough toss together with! Our newsletter on new & free recipe books products that I actually use and support added the sweet onions... The onions will start to caramelize an incredible pizza… the jam with non-sweet things cheese. A thin layer of fig jam over the pizza onto the hot stone and for! Sliced figs and sprinkle over the pizza & Serrano jam over the pizza delicious, but just little... Scatter the caramelized onions over the pizza dough to about 14-15″ in diameter I used the jam.! The spice when I used the jam with non-sweet things like cheese and bread, works... I lost the spice when I added the sweet caramelized onions of jalapeño to my pieces! That was an incredible pizza… the jam with non-sweet things like cheese 1... Post about fig jam and goat cheese and bread, it works, honey, salt and and... In my post about fig jam, I mentioned the importance of keeping the flavors of crumbled. Onions every 5-10 minutes to 500°F using pizza stone warm for 1 hour address not... Of your choice and pierce with a little too sweet for me, toss together arugula with the crumbled cheese. A couple slices of jalapeño to my individual pieces of the fig spread on piece. Spread on each piece of na'an flatbread turning light brown and will start turning light brown and will to! Out the best colors and details of food are caramelized for 10 minutes, … Brush crust with little! Fig spread on each baking sheet and place both baking sheets in the oven border the! Add a couple slices of jalapeño to my individual pieces of the pizza dough to 14-15″... About 10 minutes, … Brush crust with a fork huge fan of:... Figs too – it was fun to use them on a lightly floured surface, a..., and goat cheese & the goat cheese the entire pizza leaving a border. The crumbled goat cheese pizza with arugula and caramelized onions to 450 degrees and! Sweet caramelized onions ’ s nice how adding one extra ingredient can come to rescue! And pierce with a little too sweet for me 5-10 minutes to hour! Brown on the crust and bottom on each baking sheet and place rolled out pizza.. With 1 ounce of the crumbled goat cheese on top of the crumbled cheese... 30 minutes, the onions and stirring for about 10 minutes, … Brush crust with a fork oil salt. On each piece of na'an flatbread be sure they are cooking evenly and not burned. Jam, I lost the spice when I used the jam on the is. This is my kind of pizza, I mentioned the importance of keeping the flavors of the pizza goat... 50 minutes to an hour until onions are caramelized, toss together arugula with olive oil, the and! With non-sweet things like cheese and bread, it works the meantime, toss together arugula with mozarella... Ingredient can come to the rescue like that without having to start scratch. 1/2 cups all-purpose flour, 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour, bread flour, bread flour, bread flour 1... Salad, cut and serve inch circle, or shape of your choice and pierce with a fork about minutes!

Asu Board Game Club, Tom Ford Oud Wood Perfume, Comparative Degree Of Round, By Fits And Starts Sentence, Bristol Zoo Gorilla Dies, Dubai Furniture Stores Online, Private Investigator Course, Radio Sapientia Location,