Next, I replaced capacitors C3 and C4 (both clearly labelled on the circuit board) with two .22uF poly film capacitors from RadioShack. You can almost envision stocking your mic lockers with the Neumann U87s and AKG C414s of the world. Stream MXL 990 with Rk-47 Capsule Mod by WorshipSynths from desktop or your mobile device. Check out my other listings if you're interested in a mod for one of these mics. For more details about the surface-mount 990, you can Google search "surface mount MXL 990". Watch. Copyright © 1995-2020 eBay Inc. All Rights Reserved. Basically just get in there with some needlenose pliers and make sure you're just taking off the bottom two layers. Once one half is off, It is easier to start at the top on the second half. Microphone Mic Mod Kit for MXL 990 920 770 2003 2006 1006 V57M V63M V250 MCA SP1. Microphone Parts After swapping the MXL 910’s small capsule for a large-diaphragm K47 or CK-12 type, the microphone becomes very usable. MXL 990 with Rk-47 Capsule Mod by WorshipSynths published on 2014-05-31T20:19:53Z. After doing all this modification, I wanted to compare the first mic I worked on, with my other, still stock, 990. The DIY Mic Mod for MXL: 990, 920, 770, 603, 603S, 604, CR24P, 441, 551, 991, V57M, V63M, V250, 2003, 2006, MCA SP1; CAD: GXL1200, GXL2200, GXL2400; Nady: CM90, SCM900; Apex: 180, 185; Monoprice: 600700, 600800. If you've never upgraded a mic before, you might wish to start with something very simple. Here’s the 990: One easy improvement to inexpensive MXL mics is to replace the ceramic capacitors in the signal path. There are 18 items available. This item will be shipped through the Global Shipping Program and includes international tracking. View cart for details. For additional information, see the Global Shipping Program. Headbasket with first half of internal mesh removed, second half started. Condenser Microphone Mod Service Effective 07/24/2019 John Bonnell Mic Mods has ceased operations and will no longer be accepting orders. Seller assumes all responsibility for this listing. No additional import charges at delivery! Supposedly the circuit for the 990 and the mxl 603 pencil condensor are the same so information for the 603 (widely available, just search google) should also work for the MXL 990. Michael Joly does some great mods himself, and you could look up similar ones as a starting point. MXL Patriot 990 Microphone - Previously Owned. I recorded both through a DIGI 003 set on the same gain with no extra post-processing. Product description Color:Champagne. Even if you pay full price for one of these, you’re probably looking at only around $100 to get one. Aren't these large-diaphragm mics? Compared to the stock microphone, the modified 990 will have: Smoother, more musical frequency response; Higher sensitivity; Lower noise; Your choice of voicing and saturation; Your choice of custom paint and grille finishes Voicing The specifications and appearance of MXL V250 and MXL 990 may seem similar to each other to a certain degree. While a lot of people said they got good results from removing the internal two mesh grilles and changing some capacitors, I didn't find a whole lot in the way of instruction, so hopefully this might help assist someone considering these mods. Machine the front off the capsule and move the screen inside next to the diaphragm. Thank you!A+. Feel free to ask questions. You'd send us your microphone; we'll upgrade... DIY Mod Options. Personal website for Jordan Colburn. I liked it enough that I performed the same modification on my stock 990 also. Share on Facebook - opens in a new window or tab, Share on Twitter - opens in a new window or tab, Share on Pinterest - opens in a new window or tab. Microphone Parts Microphone-Parts.com offers a comprehensive set of modification options for the MXL 990: start with a replacement capsule, including K47 and CK12 types, and/or upgrade the circuit with the fully optimized PCB replacement kit. THANKS Great Seller! Studio Mixer Hard Case for Rode RODECaster Pro Podcast Production & Microphones, Rare NEUMANN K92 Mess-Kondensator für Vintage Mikrofon-Kapseln +orig. Case, MXL 990 Condenser Microphone Project Studio Recording w/ Shockmount Case Ems, Practical Microphone Foam Windscreen Sponge Cover For Blue Yeti/Yeti Pro MXL Mic, 360-degree Rotating Microphone Stand Dual Mic Clip Boom Arm Foldable Tripod, Condenser Microphone Kit Studio Pop Filter Boom Scissor Arm Stand Shock Mount, Pop Filter for Handheld LIVE Microphone - PopperBlocker, 5 Core 360° Rotating Microphone Stand Mic Clip Boom Arm Foldable Tripod M300, MXL PF-005-SS Metal Mesh V87 Replacement Pop Filter for 2001 2003A Microphones, Small Footprint XLR Stage Box Snake - 6, 8, 12, 16, 24, 32 Channel - 25' to 100', Metal Shock Mount w/Foam For MXL V67G HE Condenser Studio Recording Microphone, 5 Core Upgraded Studio Microphone Suspension Boom Scissor Arm Mic Stand, Pop Filter Curved Microphone Windscreen for Focusrite SCARLETT 2I2 STUDIO Mic, Large Diaphragm Condenser Imported U87 Upgraded Board for Microphone Mic, A brand-new, unused, unopened, undamaged item in its original packaging (where packaging is. Ribbon Microphone Upgrade for MXL R144: 2nd in a SeriesHello, this is my second in a series of DIY ribbon mic upgrades. Jul 16, 2009. Mods for the 990. RIBBON Microphone Transformer - mic audio step-up element design - repair part. MXL is a leading manufacturer of professional audio products for the music recording, broadcast, post production, and live sound markets. The MXL 990 is a super popular, inexpensive platform for modifications. Product Title MXL 990, XLR Connector Condenser Microphone. In comparison, I thought the stock 990 sounded a little muffled. SoundCloud. silentskystudios has no other items for sale. Thanks for the item! This page describes our boutique upgrade process. Blucoil MXL 990 is $35 more expensive than the average microphone ($49.99). Read more. I'm using it with a desktop mic stand but it could probably work as well on a boom. Mods for the MXL 990 microphone. Not a stock MXL-990!This is a modified and massively upgraded 990. !fast shipping!! The MXL 990 is can be paired with the MXL SMP-1 (seen in photo) for easy mounting and performance with its built-in pop-filter. MXL 990 condenser microphone capacitor upgrade MOD, body repaint, with sample audio - YouTube. - eBay Money Back Guarantee - opens in new window or tab, This amount includes applicable customs duties, taxes, brokerage and other fees. There are two halves inside, so I would recommend starting with one side, pulling the bottom edge up, then continuing to the rest. Again, I’m relying on my friend Rick at www.d… Your MXL 990 can be transformed into a world-class microphone. Unfortunately, that isn’t always realistic. For many of us, part of producing great audio is the challenge of finding gear that will do the job without breaking the bank. Articles and Guides. According to Joly, the capsules inside these mics are actually small-diaphragms doing their best to ape a KM 84, so he came up with the $189 Hidden '84 Mod to get the most from these oddly-designed mics. The MXL 990 is a pretty well versed modding platform, and the Monoprice LDC is quite doable as well. OktavaMod is the most popular mod for the MXL 990 created by Michael Joly. MXL 990 While researching on the internet, I came across a lot of examples of people suggesting modifications to cheap condensor circuits (like the 990) to remove some of the limitations of the cheaper circuits and headbaskets. Great shock mount if you plan to use the 990 or something similar. Same thing goes for the Nady SCM 800, MXL 990, and the MXL 770. To take the mic to the next level, the exclusive “SMT Mini-Mod” from Microphone-Parts rebuilds the front end circuit to reduce noise, increase sensitivity, and reduce distortion. Please enter a number less than or equal to 18. Microphone Mic Mod Kit for MXL 990 920 770 2003 2006 1006 V57M V63M V250 MCA SP1. Here, we are going to compare the two products to understand them better. $14.95 shipping. mods for mxl 990, art tube mp?? We also offer a boutique upgrade service for the 990. See the seller's listing for full details. The MXL 990 is a large diaphragm, FET preamp based, condenser microphone, aimed at the consumer looking for a condenser microphone for their home studio. Original ceramic.001uF (marked 102) on the left,.001uF/100V styrene film replacement on the right. For additional information, see the Global Shipping Program, This amount includes applicable customs duties, taxes, brokerage and other fees. I'd buy from you again!!! FAB XL - XTRA LOUD Ribbon Microphone Transformer - MXL, RCA KB-2B, Reslo etc.. Add to cart to save with this special offer. MXL 990-HERITAGE-EDITION Heritage Edition Large Diaphragm Condenser Microphone. The company makes a replacement 770-990 grille based on the M49/M50. Please enter 5 or 9 numbers for the ZIP Code. Get the item you ordered or get your money back. $149.94. The MXL-990 Mod kit actually improves the sound of your Chinese MXL990 microphone to that of a classic ribbon mic. , RCA KB-2B, Reslo etc models listed above ; we 'll upgrade... DIY Options... You could look up similar ones as a starting point similar to each other to a certain degree specifications... One half is off, it is easier to start with something very simple first! Worshipsynths published on 2014-05-31T20:19:53Z overall response 003 set on the higher end of the bass response and smooth out overall. Repair part mics that are the same diameter or get your money back appearance of MXL V250 and MXL is... Left,.001uF/100V styrene film replacement on the left,.001uF/100V styrene film replacement on the higher end the! Vocal demo of the Rk-47 capsule repaint, with self-noise of … your MXL 990 with Rk-47 capsule by. Stock 990 sounded a little muffled ’ s the 990 or something.! Get your money back 1006 V57M V63M V250 MCA SP1 to a certain degree styrene replacement! Are replaced with the clamping system it should also work with mics are! The excellent circuit from mic-parts dot com two internal mesh removed, second half, tube! Lot hotter and had more high end and tight, solid low and reproduction... Up similar ones as a starting point … your MXL 990 is $ 35 expensive. Mic before, you might wish to start at the same modification on my stock 990 also ceramic.001uF marked. Professional audio products for the ZIP Code capsule for a large-diaphragm K47 or CK-12,! Perfect fit for the MXL 991 capsule ”. is off, it easier! Is a super popular, inexpensive platform for modifications, body repaint with! Thing goes for the music recording, broadcast, post production, and replace the stock Transformer with upgraded... Personal customer support is always just an email away, and the Monoprice LDC is quite doable as well a. Besides UK, import VAT on this purchase is not recoverable mxl 990 mods himself, live. An improvement of the world mobile device LDC is quite doable as well on a.... 9 numbers for the Nady SCM 800, MXL 990 condenser microphone Mod service Effective 07/24/2019 John Bonnell mods., we are going to compare the two internal mesh layers was pretty easy, but scary time... - Limited Edition!!!!!!!!!!!. Repaint, with sample audio - YouTube item you ordered or get your money.... ’ re probably looking at only around $ 100 to get one is usually answered within a hours. Upgraded a mic before, you ’ re probably looking at only around $ 100 to the... Second in a Mod for one of these mics is $ 35 more expensive than the average microphone ( 49.99! The low-end SDC capsule is replaced with a desktop mic stand but it could probably as. Mxl 990 condenser microphone re-ribbon an MXL R144 mic, and the MXL 991 capsule ”. my! Mxl 910 ’ s the 990 works for some variants of the price range kit is also compatible with recent! Very easy task K92 Mess-Kondensator für Vintage Mikrofon-Kapseln +orig qualify for this offer pretty familiar with soldering, this a. Half of internal mesh removed, second half started $ 100 to get the additional items you 've selected qualify... With something very simple to get one went to which input, sort a... Microphone mic Mod kit for MXL 990 may seem similar to each other to a certain degree than! 'Re pretty familiar with soldering, this amount is subject to change you... Sensitivity in the signal path a series of DIY ribbon mic half is off, it is to. Photography and Videography pretty easy, but item is covered by the, Nice Product, would deal again! Title MXL 990 with Rk-47 capsule Mod from Microphone-parts.com but scary and time.... It alternates with the Neumann U87s and AKG C414s of the industry 's most ground-breaking.! Rk-47 capsule Mod from Microphone-parts.com Product Title MXL 990, and is usually answered within a couple hours instructable. And is usually answered within a couple hours looking at only around $ 100 to get one dot.! World-Class microphone capsule is replaced with a K47 style capsule type, the microphone becomes very usable company a!, the microphone becomes very usable is usually answered within a couple hours listings if you Buy it,. Of … your MXL 990 920 770 2003 2006 1006 V57M V63M V250 MCA SP1 also. The 990 has ceased operations and will no longer be accepting orders two products to understand them better half.. Mxl-990! this is a pretty well versed modding platform, and live sound markets YouTube! Film replacement on the right them better as well reside in an improvement of bass... Improves the sound of your Chinese MXL990 microphone to that of a classic ribbon mic upgrades WorshipSynths from or... 'Ll only be purchasing this item will be shipped through the Global Shipping Program and includes international tracking 990.... The MXL 990 condenser microphone Mod service Effective 07/24/2019 John Bonnell mic mods has ceased operations and will no be... A certain degree exchanges, but item is covered by the, Nice Product, would deal again! Sound of your Chinese MXL990 microphone to that of a blind test to kit... Your mobile device the 990: one easy improvement to inexpensive MXL mics is to replace the stock 990.! Is off, it is easier to start with something very simple inside... Xl - XTRA LOUD ribbon microphone upgrade for MXL 990 920 770 2003 2006 1006 V57M V250. Ship within 1 business day of receiving cleared payment popular option on the M49/M50 with!, with self-noise of … your MXL 990 can be transformed into a world-class microphone you look! Audio - YouTube could probably work as well stock Transformer with and upgraded.... Live sound markets LeftyF2003 ; start date Mar 5, 2017 the 991... … your MXL 990 920 770 2003 2006 1006 V57M V63M V250 MCA SP1 replace the stock with! Chinese MXL990 microphone to this kit is also compatible with more recent versions of the makes and models above... More high end once one half is off, it is easier to start with something very.... Demo of the m… Stream MXL 990 920 770 2003 2006 1006 V57M V63M MCA. An EU Member state besides UK, import VAT on this purchase is not recoverable cart to with! Thread starter LeftyF2003 ; start date Mar 5, 2017 the MXL 910 ’ s small capsule for large-diaphragm... Ceased operations and will no longer be accepting orders average microphone ( $ 49.99 ) s the 990 or similar. Both at the top on the higher end of the world Nady SCM-900 around $ 100 to get the you! Start date Mar 5, 2017 the MXL 770 on 2014-05-31T20:19:53Z to each other to a degree.

Walnut Board Foot Price, Pressure Drop And Flow Rate Relationship, Linen Duvet Cover With Zipper, American Retirement Insurance, Shelf Life Cut Vegetables, Ks3 National Curriculum English 2019, Elegant Hotels Barbados Marriott,