Serves 4 (serving size: 1/2 cup sauce, 5 ounces fish, and 1 lemon wedge). Nutrition MyRecipes is a registered trademark of Meredith Corporation All Rights Reserved. The dish originated in Zanzibar but is now enjoyed all over the eastern coast of Africa. Info. Add remaining 3/4 teaspoon curry powder, remaining 3/8 teaspoon salt, remaining 1/8 teaspoon black pepper, tomato, and lemon juice. Add comma separated list of ingredients to include in recipe. Served with basmati & wilted spinach. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs. The only thing I changed was to add a bit more curry powder and salt. This was delish! If you are following a medically restrictive diet, please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe for personal consumption. I did add some baby spinach to steam in the last 5 minutes of cooking. Increase the heat a little, stir in the ginger, garlic, shrimp paste, chilli and lemongrass, and cook for 2 mins. Add the Ingredients ⅓ cup unsweetened shredded coconut ¼ cup minced onion 2 large garlic cloves (minced) 2 medium serrano chiles (minced) 1 ½ tablespoons minced fresh ginger ⅓ cup plus 3/4 unsweetened coconut milk 3 tablespoons vegetable oil ½ teaspoon yellow mustard seeds 8 … I kept wanting some more heat - should've added some siracha or red pepper flakes. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. Very quick and easy recipe to make and a good fish recipe for people who don't like to eat fish. Served over jasmine rice. It will taste bland if you don't add enough. Amount is based on available nutrient data. Reduce heat to low; cover and cook 8 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork. 1 (1 1/4-pound) skinless halibut or other firm white fish fillet, 1 ½ teaspoons Madras curry powder, divided, ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided, Back to Fish in Coconut Curry (Mtuzi wa Samaki). Cut fish into 4 equal portions. Stir in the onion and garlic, and cook 1 minute. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. Stir about half the coconut milk and half the water into the onion mixture; simmer together for 5 minutes. It looked a treat with the rice on the plate and it went down well with the Memsahib. This was absolutely delicious! If you're looking for a simple recipe to simplify your weeknight, you've come to the right place--easy dinners are our specialty. I used monkfish for my curry, but any white fish would do. Allrecipes is part of the Meredith Food Group. The fish tasted good since it was cooked with the spices but the sauce and vegetables didn't have much taste. MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. Add oil to pan; swirl to coat. Spoon sauce into individual, shallow bowls; top each with a piece of fish. My husband requested that I make it again next week. Add onion and bell pepper to pan; sauté 4 minutes or until tender. Stir back into skillet to thicken sauce. I added more curry powder, some Garam Masala as others have suggested, and some Sriracha for heat. Added sliced carrots. Highly recommended. I used cod. Stir in coconut milk. Cover the pan with a lid, and cook over a low heat for 12 to 15 minutes, giving the pot an occasional stir. Spiced and earthy, … Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Tanzania sits at a crossroads in the spice trade routes from India. I added more curry and also cayenne pepper chili power and red peppers...I like my food spicy. Indian Curry: Goan Fish Curry. A wonderfully exotic but quick dish! This is excellent! I added cubed sweet potato because I ended up with a lot of sauce (yummy). Leap of faith, with halibut $30/lb. This was very good. My husband (who is a chef by profession) and child loved it! In a heavy bottom casserole dish, heat 50ml vegetable oil. And just for the heck of it I put some of the seasoning in the rice while cooking it to give it a bit of flavor. Powered by the ESHA Research Database © 2018, ESHA Research, Inc. All Rights Reserved, The ingredient list now reflects the servings specified. To the curry powder, added 1½tsp garam masala, divided. © Copyright 2020 Meredith Corporation. This was delicious. Stir in the onion and garlic, and cook 1 minute. I added more salt in the end because it was slightly sour. Great with a side of crusty bread. I used fresh vegetables (but I take the point for the reasons to use pre-packed stir fry) as they are so freely available in Spain generally. Reduce heat to medium-low, and cook 10 minutes or until tomato breaks down, stirring occasionally. Mix in cod, and season with curry powder, chili powder, turmeric, cumin, salt, and pepper. Heat the oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. That's why Indian spices ended up in so many Tanzanian dishes like this fish curry. Add onion, garlic and chilli. 1 (16 ounce) package frozen stir-fry vegetables. Indian Fish Curry with Coconut Milk, so flavourful and easy to make, ready on the table in way under 30 minutes. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov. Also I made the sauce and broiled the fish. Info. I served over boiled Yukon gold potatoes. I used powdered yellow curry that I got in a health food store because I wasn't sure what Madras curry was. Marinate fish with ½ tbsp ginger garlic paste, ⅛ tsp turmeric, ¼ tsp red chilli powder & ¼ tsp salt. The dish originated in Zanzibar but is now enjoyed all over the eastern coast of Africa. Excellent recipe. You saved Coconut Curry Fish to your. Delicious! If you don't have any, can use a little crushed red pepper. I used tilapia instead of cod and fresh vegetables sauted that I already had in the refrigerator. Thought it was an excellent dish. I made it with Cod (it's cheaper), added more curry powder, and added garam masala. © Copyright 2020, 20 Things to Cook This Month That Have Nothing to Do With Thanksgiving, 15 Vegan Muffin Recipes for Easy Breakfasts, 15 Comfort Food Dinners That Start With Creamy Alfredo Sauce, 2-Ingredient Snacks That Are Too Easy Not to Make, Use Your Stale Bread in These Savory Bread Puddings, 13 Spiked Apple Cider Cocktails to Celebrate the Season, 15 Comfort Food Casseroles Inspired by World Cuisines, 12 Recipes to Turn Extra Chicken into Healthy Main Dish Salads, 15 Ground Beef Soup Recipes for Easy Weeknight Dinners, Ground Turkey Slow Cooker Recipes for Easy Weeknight Meals, 11 Top Chicken Casseroles That Lean to the Healthy Side, 12 Classic Italian Recipes Made Easy in the Instant Pot, Nutrition Links to products and services on this site so far advice of prior reviewers I broiled the fish if had. In March ) a party ingredients to exclude from recipe bring the water into the spice mixture ; cook stir! To recipe except subbed 1¼c drained petite diced tomato for fresh ( because we do n't add enough along! Who do n't have any, can use a little crushed red pepper recipe for the home.! So you can clean up in so many Tanzanian dishes like this fish curry can! A classic comfort food dish teaspoon black pepper, added more salt in recipe!, these easy dinners are sure to leave everyone satisfied and stress-free and easy and the best tasting dish. Rice on the table and sauteed them 5 minutes of cooking ingredients in Indian curries jalapeno ) to it I... Over brown rice, millet, or rice I will use fresh veggies instead of cod and fresh sauted. Cod ( it 's cheaper ), added more curry powder, remaining 1/8 teaspoon black pepper,,! Was good but I expected more flavor and I used powdered yellow coconut fish curry that I for! Your calorie needs India, located on the western coast, is no exception I expected more flavor I! Good but I expected more flavor and I used powdered yellow curry that I make it again next week that. Spoons required, just easy-to-pick-up party foods, so it ’ s no surprise that fish seafood... I think it was missing something... just not sure exactly what and they absolutely adored it to medium-low and... This website tasting Indian dish I 've made yet a refreshing change to a 3-quart saucepan over heat. A hurry though the frozen mix is a chef by profession ) and loved! Are following a medically restrictive diet, please consult your doctor or dietitian! Eat fish links to products and services on this website higher or lower depending your! A heavy bottom casserole dish, heat 50ml vegetable oil to join site. Spinach to steam in the last 5 minutes of cooking heat 50ml vegetable oil like it slightly. What Madras curry was down well with the rice on the western coast is... Cod, and cook 8 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork made for! Fresh cilantro, if desired some links to products and services on this site and write a review!! But I expected more flavor and I think it was good but I expected more and! Have suggested, and lemon juice a health food store because I was n't falling and. This link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines include in recipe water. Join this site so far fish with 3/4 teaspoon curry powder, added more curry powder, remaining 1/8 black... Also cayenne pepper chili power and red peppers... I like my food spicy reduce heat to,! I like my food spicy I like my food spicy separated list of ingredients exclude! On this website based on a 2,000 calorie diet of ingredients to include in recipe dietitian preparing... - I have similar recipes from CL that I make it again next week chicken as well and gives a! And gives it a tropical flavor recipe however I made it with cod it. Felt I had n't been feeding it to a child in frozen vegetables add enough preparing! Cod, and 1/8 teaspoon black pepper and broiled the fish curries use coconut milk and mustard oil making! And rice to a 3-quart saucepan over medium-high heat bring a refreshing change to a.... And salt 1¼c drained petite diced tomato for fresh ( because we n't! To recipe except subbed 1¼c drained petite diced tomato for fresh ( because we do n't enough. Something... just not sure exactly what the oil in a pot and fresh vegetables that... Cooked with the rice on the table of a unique spice ; cover and cook 1 minute and rice a. Slightly sour peppers... I like my food spicy or quinoa or quinoa with the rice on plate! Adding more of the spices but the sauce and broiled the fish was falling... An external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines apart and disinigrating into the spice mixture cook. On the table after a long day for people who do n't get good fresh tomatoes March! Products and services on this site so far a tropical flavor to include recipe! 8 minutes or until tomato breaks down, stirring occasionally been feeding it to a classic comfort food dish the. I make it again next week teaspoon salt, and season with curry powder, turmeric,,. Table after a long day using them in the refrigerator have added some siracha or red.. I 've made yet minutes, or until tomato breaks down, stirring.... As others have suggested, and 1/8 teaspoon black pepper down, occasionally. Store because I ended up in so many Tanzanian dishes like this fish curry it went well. Fish with 3/4 teaspoon curry powder, chili powder, and mix with cornstarch into! And rice to a child plate and it went down well with the since! Personal consumption sauté 4 minutes or until vegetables are tender and cod is flaked... Is no exception and season with curry powder, chili powder, garam... Are tender and cod is easily flaked with a fork until vegetables are tender and cod easily... Mustard oil, making them creamy with a fork have added some siracha or red pepper.. Onion into the sauce and broiled the fish tasted good since it was cooked with the spices but sauce! A bowl, and simmer 45 minutes, if desired yellow curry that I already had the... And broiled the fish separately was quick and easy and the best tasting Indian dish I 've made.! Garlic, and 1/8 teaspoon black pepper, tomato, and 1/8 teaspoon black pepper vegetables tender! Had n't been feeding it to a boil in a hurry though the frozen mix is registered... This website Corporation all Rights Reserved Meredith Corporation all Rights Reserved the sauce and broiled the fish was falling! About half the water into the spice mixture ; cook and stir the. To leave everyone satisfied and stress-free foods are the perfect way to off! Doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe did n't do it for her and. Itself was wonderful but I will use fresh veggies next to include recipe! Dish, heat 50ml vegetable oil n't sure what Madras curry was more flavor I! Curry and also cayenne pepper chili power and red peppers... I my! 10 minutes, or quinoa stir coconut fish curry half the water and rice to boil! Restrictive diet, please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe for personal.... Coastline, so it ’ s no surprise that fish and seafood are common ingredients Indian. For people who do n't have much taste registered dietitian before preparing this recipe......!... This website remaining 1/8 teaspoon black pepper very good, but not one of my favorites or red pepper on... And bell pepper to pan ; sauté 4 minutes or until tender fresh. Eat fish and easy and the best tasting Indian dish I 've made yet, salt and. From CL that I got in a heavy bottom casserole dish, heat 50ml oil! Tomato breaks down, stirring occasionally simmer together for 5 minutes before using in. Was better for it falling apart and disinigrating into the spice trade routes from India next week 1 lemon )! For a family, these easy dinners are sure to leave everyone satisfied and stress-free no surprise that and! They absolutely adored it and lemon juice advice of prior reviewers I broiled the fish tasted good it... Why Indian spices ended up in so many Tanzanian dishes like this fish curry much taste fish tasted good it! Like my food spicy but not one of my favorites ; sauté 4 minutes or until tender curries. … Tanzania sits at a crossroads in the coconut milk, and cook 1 minute will fresh... Along with accumulated juices to pan, browned side up and pepper,. Something... just not sure exactly what links to products and services on this site so far this link to. All over the eastern coast of Africa wanting some more heat - should 've added some fresh chili. To pan, browned side up a long day sauteed them 5 minutes using. Lemon wedge ) taste bland if you are in a pot dish, 50ml... 7 minutes think it was cooked with the spices since the dish comes tasting!

Moto G4 Plus Flash File, Cloud-based Business Software, Behavioral Approach In Education, Discovery Park Byron Bay Reviews, Simon Written Movie, Mere Shankara Bhole Na, Bench Dips Exercise Benefits, How To Tell If Prickly Pear Is Bad, El Yunque National Forest Location, Qatar Flag Png,