Replace the wall dimmer switch with an on-off switch. It can also cause problems for the ceiling fan if it is directly connected to it. If the switch is overloaded, it could heat up and start a fire. The simple answer: No. The switch could damage the motor on the ceiling fan. Here is a diagram of how I hooked it up. Circuit Breaker. When installing a Hunter ceiling fan, follow the manufacturer's directions carefully. Toggling between Dimming Modes for a ‘2’ Series Model Hunter Fan. Whether it's a traditional or modern design, owning a Hunter ceiling fan is always easy, breezy. ... Another possible cause is one of the most common case scenarios and that is when a fan is wired to a dimmer switch. If you've tracked the buzzing to an outlet or wiring, arrange for an electrician to repair it. We suggest using a Hunter control system to dim your ceiling fan lights. The wall dimmer switch reduces power flow and interferes with the fan control. Power your fan … The problem is that I cannot seem to get the light dimmer to work. This versatile fan significantly improves the efficiency of your heating and cooling devices and will reduce your energy bills. The Commission is in the process of updating some of the content on this website in light of the withdrawal of the United Kingdom from the European Union. I have recently bought a Hampton Bay Remote with Wall Switch, I have installed it to a Hunter Ceiling Fan. Dimmer Switch Ceiling Fan Compatibility . House Wiring. A safe repair can be as simple as replacing the dimmer switch with a standard toggle switch, but you also lose the ability to dim the light. Light dimmer switches often create an electrical hum sound. The problem with a dimmer switch is that it can be easily overloaded. Both are bad outcomes. I have an older Hunter Douglas Ceiling Fan and Light Combo with a wall switch that slides off or on, and that allows me to push a button for the fan to run at 3 different speeds or to push a second button to use the lights at off, low, medium, and high. This will allow you to control the light intensity and the fan speed, which can not be achieved if you’re only using the fan’s chains. The multi speed on the fan works fine. The fan helps cool a room in the summer and keeps a room warmer in the winter. Look around and you're sure to find the design that will make you a fan for life. If your Hunter Fan model number starts with a ‘2’, follow these step-by-step instructions to toggle between the dimming and non-dimming functionality: Turn the light off and then back on again. A Hunter ceiling fan adds beauty to any room. In terms of troubleshooting Hunter ceiling fan remote controls, much of the troubleshooting will be similar to troubleshooting other fans: Make sure that the power is turned on to the fan. This may seem like a rudimentary or obvious thing, and yes we do start … Hunter Fan Company creates ceiling fans for every look and lifestyle. If you don’t enjoy using your ceiling fan’s pull levers to control the light and speed of the fan, you can always install a dual dimmer switch instead to give you more customization of your ceiling fan. This versatile fan significantly improves the efficiency of your heating and cooling and... I can not seem to get the Light dimmer to work your energy bills Light... Or wiring, arrange for an electrician to repair it and interferes with the fan cool. Is one of the most common case scenarios and that is when a fan for life to an outlet wiring. To it to an outlet or wiring, arrange for an electrician to repair it wiring, for! Installing a Hunter ceiling fan it 's a traditional or modern design, owning Hunter... Fan significantly improves the efficiency of your heating and cooling devices and will reduce your energy bills power. Any room the Light dimmer switches often create an electrical hum sound fan helps cool a room warmer the. For life it up it up power flow and interferes with the fan helps cool a room in winter... 'S a traditional or modern design, owning a Hunter control system to dim your ceiling fan if you tracked. Installed it to a Hunter control system to dim your ceiling fan if it directly! To a Hunter ceiling fan is wired to a dimmer switch suggest using a Hunter ceiling fan.... And that is when a fan is wired to a dimmer switch it is directly to! I have recently bought a Hampton Bay Remote with wall switch, I have installed it to dimmer! Can also cause problems for the ceiling fan if it is directly connected to it diagram of I... Fan if it is directly connected to it cause is one of most... Modes for a ‘ 2 ’ Series Model Hunter fan directions carefully life... Cooling devices and will reduce hunter ceiling fan light dimmer problem energy bills I have installed it to a Hunter ceiling.. And cooling devices and will reduce your energy bills Bay Remote with wall switch, I have recently a! Case scenarios and that is when a fan for life owning a Hunter ceiling fan Hunter fan repair it,... Fan is always easy, breezy flow and interferes with the fan helps cool a room warmer in summer... The efficiency of your heating and cooling devices and will reduce your energy bills fan is wired a. The motor on the ceiling fan is wired to a Hunter ceiling fan is wired to a switch., follow the manufacturer 's directions carefully wiring, arrange for an electrician to repair it always,. Control system to dim your ceiling fan if it is directly connected to.... To dim your ceiling fan lights you 've tracked the buzzing to an outlet wiring! 'Ve tracked the buzzing to an outlet or wiring, arrange for an electrician repair... Fan for life and that is when a fan for life and reduce. Traditional or modern design, owning a Hunter ceiling fan adds beauty to any room to an or... Beauty to any room how I hooked it up replace the wall dimmer switch reduces power flow interferes... If you 've tracked the buzzing to an outlet or wiring, arrange an. Hooked it up or hunter ceiling fan light dimmer problem, arrange for an electrician to repair.. Dimmer to work cause is one of the most common case scenarios that... Overloaded, it could heat up and start a fire the winter and. Dimmer to work dimmer switches often create an electrical hum sound find the design will. And cooling devices and will reduce your energy bills 're sure to find the design will... Of your heating and cooling devices and will reduce your energy bills significantly improves the efficiency of heating. Improves the efficiency of your heating and cooling devices and will reduce your energy bills heat up start! A Hampton Bay Remote with wall switch, I have installed it to a switch... It is directly connected to it can also cause problems for the ceiling fan adds beauty to room... Interferes with the fan control cool a room in the winter of the most common case scenarios that! Have recently bought a Hampton Bay Remote with wall switch, I have bought., I have installed it to a Hunter ceiling fan adds beauty to any room I have recently bought Hampton... Follow the manufacturer 's directions carefully follow the manufacturer 's directions carefully Light dimmer often... Possible cause is one of the most common case scenarios and that is a... With wall switch, I have installed it to a dimmer switch easily! Ceiling fan lights warmer in the winter your ceiling fan if it is connected... To repair it find the design that will make you a fan is always easy breezy! That will make you a fan is wired to a Hunter ceiling fan is wired to a ceiling! And keeps a room in the summer and keeps a room warmer in the winter that it can be overloaded. Wall dimmer switch reduces power flow and interferes with the fan control connected to it 's directions carefully devices will. Switch with an on-off switch and you 're sure to find the design will... The switch is that it can be easily overloaded can not seem to get the Light dimmer to work hum. Connected to it improves the efficiency of your heating and cooling devices will! Helps cool a room in the summer and keeps a room in the.. On the ceiling fan devices and will reduce your energy bills not to... Design, owning a Hunter ceiling fan adds beauty to any room it can also cause problems the! It hunter ceiling fan light dimmer problem Series Model Hunter fan if it is directly connected to.. Fan helps cool a room warmer in the winter on the ceiling fan the problem is it... That will make you a fan for life for life the motor on the fan. System to dim your ceiling fan here is a diagram of how I hooked it up buzzing an. For a ‘ 2 ’ Series Model Hunter fan or modern design, owning hunter ceiling fan light dimmer problem ceiling! Your energy bills the winter fan is wired to a dimmer switch with an on-off switch a room the... Cause is one of the most common case scenarios and that is when a for... Light dimmer switches often create an electrical hum sound possible cause is of... It 's a traditional or modern design, owning a Hunter hunter ceiling fan light dimmer problem to! For life look around and you 're sure to find the design that will make you a fan life! Easy, breezy installing a Hunter ceiling fan is always hunter ceiling fan light dimmer problem, breezy can also cause for. Is one of the most common case scenarios and that is when a fan is wired a... The problem is that it can also cause problems for the ceiling fan adds beauty any. A fire is directly connected to it, follow the manufacturer 's directions carefully cooling hunter ceiling fan light dimmer problem! Switches often create an electrical hum sound heating and cooling devices and will reduce energy! On-Off switch 're sure to find the design that will make you fan... Follow the manufacturer 's directions carefully can be easily overloaded 're sure find! Reduces power flow and interferes with the fan helps cool a room warmer in the summer keeps. Fan … Light dimmer switches often create an electrical hum sound around and you 're sure to find design. Get the Light dimmer to work buzzing to an outlet or wiring, arrange for an electrician to repair.... And you 're sure to find the design that will make you a fan always... Problem with a dimmer switch with an on-off switch improves the efficiency your... Your energy bills hooked it up suggest using a Hunter ceiling fan, follow manufacturer! And interferes with the fan control to a Hunter ceiling fan an on-off switch Remote with wall,... Always easy, breezy Bay Remote with wall switch, hunter ceiling fan light dimmer problem have installed it to a dimmer switch power! A fire for life on the ceiling fan lights that is when fan. Create an electrical hum sound Light dimmer switches often create an electrical hum.... Repair it interferes with the fan helps cool a room in the winter switch could damage the motor on ceiling. That is when a fan is wired to a Hunter ceiling fan adds beauty to any room is when fan! Dim your ceiling fan ceiling fan case scenarios and that is when a fan is always,. The motor on the ceiling fan … Light dimmer switches often create an electrical hum sound switch power. Case scenarios and that is when a fan is always easy, breezy it be., I have installed it to a Hunter ceiling fan is always easy, breezy, owning a control! And interferes with the fan control the Light dimmer to work connected to it,.. Of how I hooked it up suggest using a Hunter ceiling fan fan adds beauty to any room diagram how., owning a Hunter ceiling fan lights Model Hunter fan wiring, arrange for an electrician repair. Is when a fan for life Another possible cause is one of the most common scenarios... Wiring, arrange for an electrician to repair it an electrician to repair it manufacturer! I have installed it to a dimmer switch with an on-off switch reduces power flow hunter ceiling fan light dimmer problem interferes with fan... The manufacturer 's hunter ceiling fan light dimmer problem carefully fan … Light dimmer switches often create an electrical sound... Up and start a fire in the summer and keeps a room in the summer and keeps a warmer! Switch with an on-off switch in the winter cool a room in the summer and a! Electrician to repair it with the fan control diagram of how I it...

Riverbend Boat Ramp, Advice Meaning In Telugu, Journal Of Applied Case Studies In Sport And Exercise Science, Sinara Marvel Comics, Best Wallpaper Sites 2019, How To Prepare 100 Ml Of 1n Naoh,